Norway - Iceland - question re biking

8 Posts | Latest reply on 17/01/2008 19:54:18 by shooter | Go to original / last post
ZZRpilot's Profile
ZZRpilot

In: Reading
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Howdo   Does anyone have any experience of biking in Norway and/or Iceland that they would care to pass on, hints, tips, do's, dont's, places to go, best way to get there etc etc   Have a few cogs whirring     ta                                                                                                                                                                              
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

went to iceland few years ago beers exspensive but uncluttered rds cos went late spring so still quite cold!lot of off rd tracks unsuitable for bikes inland but good rds around the coast i went in a 4x4 an stayed in hotells [but there is campin ]anhad a great time skiddooin whale watchin an husky sled ridin n the glaciers an off rd drivin,be warned yu can be driven of the rd as not much room on mountain tracks an icelanders talk on the phones all the time while recklessly drivin, but its expensive like all scandinavia not sure if i'd go on a bike, sweden an Norway probably a better bet on a bike.
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

Only know from mates that it's damn expensive compared to here!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
69% Karma69% Karma 69% Karma69% Karma

I've only been round Norway by car, and that a few years ago. Brillant biking roads, though I'm only talking about those within a couple of hundered miles or so of Bergen. Not a country for covering vast distances in one go, though, and I believe that speed limits can be enforced zealously. Beer is costly unless it's of gnats-piss strength, but a bottle (or two) of duty-free whisky helps. Even if you don't drink the stuff yourself, it's great for making friends with the Norweigians, who really appreciarte it.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

thats right take some whisky or other spirit an your everyones best mate!                                                                                                                                                                             
bikerchick1966's Profile
bikerchick1966

In: Derby

Hi I know Artic Rider does trips to Scandinavia...so pm him and ask him if he does trips to there?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi
I done Norway a few times the scenaries the best ever....It is more expensive but petrol is same as here and I camp and take my own booze. A group of us went this year....... you can see our holiday snaps at
http://www.sunbeamnorway.info/webphotos/content/index.html

there are no mways and the speed limit is about 50 so expect to do a leisurely trip.
shooter's Profile
shooter

In: Bracknell

Norway is supposed to be excellent for riding.  I've only got as far a Sweden so far.  Took the Chunnel and rode as far as Hamburg the first day, then up mthrough Denmark and over to Sweden.  Can take the same sort of route for Norway or take a ferry direct and then start the ride.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 553 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption