Scotland week, July 2019.

89 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 21/07/2019 14:15:05 by Bikeabill | Go to original / last post
Beth1962's Profile
Beth1962

In: Angus
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Need to check my hols Lindsay for then but if im off or if i can swap wks i will be there x                                                                                                                                                                             
Beth1962's Profile
Beth1962

In: Angus

Oh and transport lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

You can drive over Beth if bikeless, just bring your riding gear. If you can't get the week try for a long weekend.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Iv'e been to scotland. Lovely. Scenery is great..but, well it's rocks & water..nice but..rocks & water..Twenty minutes and it's all done. Rocks. And. water. Thats it. You don't want to be looking at rocks & water for too long..No wonder the scotts invented whiskey, even ten minutes of rocks & water would make you realise..There is more to life..and l like water & rocks...

Well, yes, you do have a point Trev. It does become a bit "another awesone, mountainous view" and "another stretch of pristine, deserted, twisting tarmac". The only thing to look forward to is another single malt at the end of the ride... no doubt overlooking those bloody mountains again.
Lets abandon the whole mission as nonsense and go to Skeggy instead :-)

I take it you're coming then!
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I'd take Scotland over Skeggy everytime, you have to be insane not to! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

**On knees, pleading voice** pleeeeeease Steve don't change to Skeggy... Pleeeeeease...πŸ˜²πŸ˜–                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

So the choice then is "Rocks and water, great views and lovely malt whisky" or "Amusement arcades with that bloody annoying music blaring out and hundreds of invalid scooters"..... Hmmm! now what shall we choose?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Just to say I will not be going, I've found a girl and she has a tricky work schedule.
Safe riding guys and girls, good luck.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

No worries Andy, folks will be hopping on and off the list for months to come. And that will then bear little resemblance to who actually turns up!                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Well it looks like I may be heading North later in the year . . . . just awaiting my booking confirmation.

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Might have a slight issue with end of that week,being overlapping with Barflys Rally at Lower Lode Inn...maybe i can do both,we'll see..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Jinx, usually there are folks coming and going all week so juat pop up for a few days if you like.                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

I've emailed the loch Ness Highland Resort - they seem unaware of the BM camping meet. Emailed 'em again and referred 'em to this page . . . still waiting for a reply.

Bottom line is - so far I ain't got a confirmed place to camp.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

I wouldn't worry toooo much about booking in - we didn't either year we went.
Don't know, but suspect, that change of name goes with change of management - and addition of glamping pods etc - so maybe pre-booking is now required. If I get a chance to drop in during March I'll let you all know.
peter1200gs's Profile
peter1200gs

In: Barnsley
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Defo handy having a 'Scottish' rep up there Izzy x lol.                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Ha ha, I gave up trying that a year ago Pete, but we'll be a bit further north in March so might manage up to Ft Gus.
Am hoping we'll join the week so have a vested interest in check it out.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

As I said at the beginning you've all got to sort your own accommodation out, I ain't doing block bookings.                                                                                                                                                                             
GHW's Profile
GHW

Sorted !

All being well . . . . . see you there.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Im in the north west highlands at that time myself bit higher up in the Gairloch area big sands camping if you get up that far 😎                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Looking like it's shaping up to be a good one. Looking forward to it. πŸ˜€                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Either 13 or 15 down for it so far, and once someone sorts out the algorithms we'll know for sure lol.
Long time off yet though.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6400 seconds. There are 483 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption