Northern events for 2019 wot I is (dis)organising

15 Posts | Latest reply on 27/09/2018 21:00:00 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

I had a cracking time at the Lower Lode thing but realised I've been a lazy arse this last couple of years and organised nowt up here in the grim, dark north.

So next year has gotta be different but first I want to test the water with you bunch of reprobates.

How about a spring weekend camp at Dent (Cumbria technically but near to Hawes).
Dent is a sweet little village; cobbled mainstreet, two good pubs (and real ales from the local brewery), nice cafe, B&Bs for those who want and a really good campsite.
The nearby riding is rightly famously glorious and not much traffic.
I'm thinking early April so as to not clash with...

Easter. I haven't decided yet but possibly Wooler (Northumberland), Portpatrick or Moffat (both southern Scotland). Most likely a B&B event but I usually pick places with a campsite for those that would rather camp.
Good roads? Oh yes.

Summer in Scotland. This will be a week do because of the distances involved. Previously we have stayed at Fort Augustus which is centrally placed for all the good bits.
Absolutely sublime riding of course in most directions. Day rides out usually 150 to 200 miles.
Dates to be decided but anywhere from May to July.

We could also easily fit a camp in up by Hadrians Wall, there is a good one near the Twice Brewed Inn.
The riding? Keilder and Northumberland, what more do I need to say.

Ireland. It's a couple of years since I lasted visited the south west of the land of the bogs and the little people. It's a marvelous place but as it's not in the north I'll leave that for someone else to organise :-)

So anyone interested?
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Yes. Next question?

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
91% Karma91% Karma 91% Karma91% Karma

Depending on dates I'm up for it                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Will we need torches.

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
84% Karma84% Karma 84% Karma84% Karma

Date dependent up for this :)                                                                                                                                                                             
Techne's Profile
Techne

In: Nottingham

Me too!

Mister Pete - Optimist's Profile
Mister Pete - Optimi

In: Burntwood

Will def be keeping an eye on this - been to a couple of events that you have organised and they were great - Dent exactly as described and roads in Scotland were awesome (well until the bike got trashed anyway) lol - so as normal with me if weather is not too bad I shall more than likely to be there
555byker's Profile
555byker

In: Ormskirk Lancash
23% Karma23% Karma 23% Karma23% Karma

Very interesting, I will keep a close eye on this thread 👍                                                                                                                                                                             
alpinab14's Profile
alpinab14

In: dunfermline
44% Karma44% Karma 44% Karma44% Karma

Hi steve hope your doing well mate , not seen you in ages , last time was camping weekend at fort with dusty and co , was a great weekend , but to answer the question if i have 2 wheels im up for all of the above

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Now then Shaz. I'm on with initial inquiries but fancy Fort Gus again as a base for the week.
So you'd better sort yourself out with some wheels :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
29% Karma29% Karma 29% Karma29% Karma

Both of us now have to book holibobs and mine will be easier to pick than his, but if we can make any Scotty meets we will - even if not the full week/end.
Hardly ridden much this year nor done anything BM'y for folk up here so maybe a wee spur for me too.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

It'll be good to see you again Izzy. I'll be starting a separate thread for each event, Scotland will be first to give folks lots o time to arrange things.                                                                                                                                                                             
dizzydot's Profile
dizzydot

In: Middle earth
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

we are in....of course. SHAZ long time no see, hear,prop up :)))                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

I see the Scotland event is in the, err, events page. So put your names down if your interested.
Hopefully one of the admins will add a link to this thread soon to save all the scrolling through the months.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

Obviously I meant the other dedicated Scotland thread... I only posted it here due to advanced idiocy!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 1973 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption