Trike trouble

6 Posts | Latest reply on 27/07/2018 04:28:57 by JP | Go to original / last post
Fatdad53's Profile
Fatdad53

In: Birmingham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hello to all. So I've got a vw trike project im in the process of rebuild. Trouble is the front forks are unknown and the bodged on front caliper is caput. I am at a loss as to what caliper will do the job. So the question is how do I determine what the forks are and the right caliper to refit. The other problem being I removed the top nuts expecting the springs to pop out. They did not. Not a problem but have discovered no oil in legs so am unsure as to weight of oil/airgap etc. Even more frustrating I tried to Google a local garage that does class 3 / trike mot in Birmingham and found sodall. Any of you nice folks got any ideas to any of my woes I would really appreciate the help. Please be patient with replies as I'm totally new to this forum thingy. And many thanks in adbance
JP's Profile
JP

93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Post some pics on your profile and hopefully the forks can be identified the oil maybe a trial and error as the vw setup will be a different wight to what ever the bike was                                                                                                                                                                             
Fatdad53's Profile
Fatdad53

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Post some pics on your profile and hopefully the forks can be identified the oil maybe a trial and error as the vw setup will be a different wight to what ever the bike was

Fatdad53's Profile
Fatdad53

Thanks jp will do                                                                                                                                                                             
Burger14uk's Profile
Burger14uk

In: Hastings

I'm not 100% sure but I think those forks belong to a Harley Davidson sportster 48 and are missing the dust covers.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

They do look like harley                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 364 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption