App recommendations

6 Posts | Latest reply on 08/06/2018 22:44:14 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Na5ty's Profile
Na5ty

In: Romford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Anyone know of any must have apps for your rides?

Currently I only use yamaha’s My ride but wondered if there was anything better?                                                                                                                                                                             
Tezza1958's Profile
Tezza1958

In: Scotter Common
8% Karma8% Karma 8% Karma8% Karma

Why do you need an App to ride a bike?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

If you see a road that you don't know where it goes RIDE IT and find out. If you don't enjoy it move on if you did enjoy it turn round and do it the other way                                                                                                                                                                             
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry

Agree with Tezza and JP there as there are some real delights found by just following your nose and see where you end up.

If you do feel the need for an app, then BBR or BestBikingRoads isn't too bad and free to use. Available for Android or Apple. Allows you to browse or create routes, including a "near me" option that looks for local rides. Contains routes from around the world too, if that appeals.

This alternative probably wouldn't suit Speed Jockeys but trying to follow a SatNav while riding briskly is looking for trouble anyway. It's not an app but I've had some memorable rides that I doubt I would ever have found, when using my Garmin Zumo sat-nav set to "Curvy Roads". Just set a destination and it'll do the rest.
Na5ty's Profile
Na5ty

In: Romford

Thanks NotPhillMitchell.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

try scenic, rever or calimoto. To plan trips use basecamp or my route-app. Scenic is quite good for recording rides and sharing routes.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 641 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption