Unplanned downtime, Sunday 29th April 2018

3 Posts | Latest reply on 02/05/2018 12:22:26 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

I just want to give you all an update about the unplanned downtime on Sunday morning.

For those of you who were up early enough to notice, the site was down for about 1 hour.

It seems the power company had a failure which cut the power off to the servers for 2 hours. The 1 hour battery supply was not enough to keep the site online and so it went down for 1 hour.

It's the first time in many years this has happened so I'm not worried about it becoming a regularly thing.

HOWEVER! The servers didn't shutdown in a clean manner. Once the battery power was used up the servers just died / power unplugged. This is very dangerous and I'm still hoping there's no damage.

For this reason I will be working later today on finding a solution to this problem so that the servers shutdown cleaning during the 1 hour battery power window. It means the site will be offline quite a lot today but it's an important and necessary task

Thanks for your understanding
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

I bet your smiling cos you have geek stuff to do lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

lol shurrup (funny cos it's true)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1582 seconds. There are 442 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption