Tips for riding abroard

3 Posts | Latest reply on 29/03/2018 00:21:42 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Burger14uk's Profile
Burger14uk

In: Hastings
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I'm looking at going to France on the bike for a long weekend. Has anyone got any tips or advice for riding abroad or things I might want to take with me. Even laws that I should look out for. Any info and advice would be a great help.                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

There are quite a few members who have riden abroad, hopefully they will give you some pointers.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

France is great. Traffic and road manners much better than here in the UK.

Remember your on the wrong side of the road, and when you pull out of a junction look the wrong way first. Traffic comes at you from the left out there.

Well worth swatting up on the 'priority to the right' rules and signs as in rural areas it can really ruin your day if your unlucky to get caught out. Roundabouts take a little practice and thought.

And take a credit/debit card with you as well as cash. Some petrol stations are self serve unmanned only so you have to pay by card, and some will be attended and only take cash.

The RAC and AA have some good advice pages as does the Chunnel company. There's also some good French government web pages out there with info and laws you will need to know.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.1094 seconds. There are 345 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption