International Womens Day

42 Posts | Latest reply on 23/03/2018 16:52:41 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

International Womens Day - In praise of Housewives

On International Womens' Day many women who are not running PR companies, writing blockbuster novels, flying fast jets, rowing the Atlantic solo or presenting TV shows may feel a little excluded. Those who promote the event-day never seem to recognise the work and achievements of a massive group of women in Britain without whose contribution we would be a poorer nation indeed - our Housewives.

They dress and clean the kids, keep the house immaculate, ensure the fridge is always stocked, never forget a birthday, always make time to take a phone call, manage money superlatively, provide a constant emotional crutch and a mothers' touch and are imbued with a level of emotional intelligence that makes life run smoothly. They know the bin and recycling days for months ahead, the dog's flea spot schedule, are on first name terms with every other mother at the school, read the parish newsletter, have an eye for a bargain sharper than an eagle spotting a shrew, support their elderly parents, graft from dawn til midnight and yet never appear to answer the door other than looking relaxed and groomed. They can also do at least four things at once and bring universal joy by being amongst the few who still write letters. They run on a bit of sympathy and a few hugs - surprisingly low maintenance - and are resilient to most pests and diseases.

Thankyou.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nicely put Panuno                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

.....and some can ride motorbikes                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nicely put Panuno

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Nicely put, feisty girl! You miss the point, panuno. We women like to aspire to great things, as well as being respected for the day to day drudgery we ALL have to do, or what is expected of us. We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking up to the stars. Ive nothing against there being a Mens Day with men aspiring to be, or respecting, househusbands! Or fighter pilots, for that matter! But you dont really need one, do you:-)Likewise it will never happen! Love and peace x
Snow White 6691's Profile
Snow White 6691

In: Stockport
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Thank you, very nice. I’m not a housewife but still do all those things along with my job. You can’t come across a lot of men who recognise and respect women in that sense, more than often women and housewives are pillars of family. It’s nice to hear it so thank you again x 👍
Bobbinz's Profile
Bobbinz

In: Norwich
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

It’s lovely to see that there are some men out there who actually consider what the Housewife roll involves & yes many of us aren’t high flyers or on a mission to save the universe but end up juggling many balls successfully. Kind words, thank you x                                                                                                                                                                             
She11's Profile
She11

In: Bradford

I want to celebrate my friendship with all the strong inspiring women on bikermatch. I won’t list names but I think you know who you are. Hold your heads high and keep strong. Much love x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Respect, to all women, and men, who work hard, love hard, and are trying to be the best person they can be. No matter what they do. I hope my daughter grows up with the confidence to believe she can do, and be, anything she wants to be, no matter what men expect of her or want from her. X
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Panuno, International Women's Day is for all women, not just housewives.
I appreciate your sentiments tho, thank you. 🤗                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Today is 'International Women’s Day'. It was supposed to be yesterday but they took too long to get ready....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ha! Respect to everyone who follows their dreams...no matter how long it takes them:-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ditto, although I think I,ve been following a horrific nightmare.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm having a wry chuckle at some of the apparent umbrage taken, and the complete mis-reading of the post. Simon & Garfunkel anyone?... ' A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest...'. - you can substitute gender neutral for man if you like. The point wasn't missed at all, but rather it was reinforced (and of course we realise it for all women...) - it was a celebration of the humble as well as the great.

The words aren't mine, my brother wrote them a few years ago, about my wife.
He adored her and she loved him for it. But I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment, and I thought it would be nice to share them.
So if that offended you (and god knows how), get over it, and give those shoulders a quick brush.
I'm off to celebrate the other 364 people days....
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bloody hell Pan..... I don't know anyone that is all those things..... And if they are...... What drugs are they on... "always opens the door with a smile!!!.... Pmsl..... Anyway good on the person who is all those things but I listened to radio 2 and they were talking about a bedtime story book fir girls and one story wS based on a true story of a girl who learnt to hunt with a golden Eagle........ From a young age it was her plaything...... Instead of plastic kitchens cups and pink dolls...... A golden Eagle 🦅..... I that's what I call awesome.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You and you wife were clearly very much in love bless ya                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

No offence was taken! Just putting my tuppeneth worth in! Er. ."housewife" IS gendered?! I wonder, panini, do you admire the self sacrifice needed to be a full time housewife (horrible name anyway), or do you actually believe only women are suited to those tasks? I would add, that housewifery is not held in high esteem, or respected, because its work men do no want to do themselves! If they did, we'd get a proper wage for it. We can't aim for the stars, whatever profession or work that may be, whilst we are doing your dishes! Love and peace!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I believe love is...helping each other fly...and both making equal sacrifices x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

It was International Women's Day...not Mothers Day!                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Personally I think giving women shoes and unlocking the chain to the cooker was a mistake!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6720 seconds. There are 601 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption