NEW: Quote other forum messages

11 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 30/05/2018 14:35:18 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As per request on the wish-list:
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/misc/wishlist.asp

I've added the ability to quote other posts from the forums in your reply.

Clicking on the " icon under a post will copy it (with specific formatting you shouldn't change) to your reply box. It will automatically open the reply box and focus on it.

Quotes in replies will have a different colour background.

I will demonstrate below.

Thanks Sandi for the suggestion
Matt's Profile
Matt

Example quote:

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Clicking on the " icon under a post will copy it (with specific formatting you shouldn't change) to your reply box. It will automatically open the reply box and focus on it.

Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
71% Karma71% Karma 71% Karma71% Karma

Matt, I can't get it to work for me, mainly cos I can't see the " icon. Am i missing something obvious?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Haha whoops! Totally forget to take it out of development mode and enable it for all members

Now fixed

Quote:
Matt, I can't get it to work for me, mainly cos I can't see the " icon. Am i missing something obvious?

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Still a rabbit missing for me Matt - seems I can only quote myself!                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Quote:

Like so ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Whooops, had it only enabled for mods or own posts (with the edit button).
Now fixed. It's next to the report button

Quote:

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Looks good Thanks Matt, all posts - quoting is available.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Thanks Matt πŸ‘

Quote:

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Matt, sorry to be a nuisance but...the quote doesn't state WHO is quoted. I think it would be helpful if it did, it used to on the old site. IMHO.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yes tgst would be a good option if it's a long post. Though I've just had the thought that maybe quoting isn't necessary at all...... Just conversation.... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ sorry Sandie pmsl x                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 567 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption