Shy profile writer

12 Posts | Latest reply on 26/02/2018 19:59:28 by Stu69 | Go to original / last post
Bobbinz's Profile
Bobbinz

In: Norwich
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Having never engaged on a site like this I’m feeling a little shy about writing my profile !
Shyness is totally out of character for me & ive actually put on my profile that I’m just looking for friends & not a relationship when in fact after a 20 year marriage was ended last year I am feeling lonely and yes do miss male company ( if you know what I mean !! )
I viewed other members profiles for ideas on what to write - will what I’ve written effect the contacts I make?
Question is - Who else hasn’t filled in their profile with 100% honesty - or is it just me ???? Confused.com
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Welcome!
Good thing is you can alter your profile whenever you wish - I cant say how others judge a profile, depends on what they are seeking I imagine. One thing I do know is that too many 'Tell You Later' (fields left empty) responses will mean your profile will not receive the same exposure as those that have completed them...
So, no need to jump in all guns blazing - lol - just enjoy the site.
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi and welcome to the site!

Well you did absolutely the right thing to post in the forums. I would trust more what someone posts here that on their profile. Not only can forum posts not be edited (after 15 minutes) but it allows you to get a better feel of someone's character, rather than what they want to say about themselves in a profile.

You can make your profile and open and honest as you like, or as vague and general as you like. You can just fill out the basics for now and then go back later to say more about yourself. It really doesn't matter.

Just enjoy the site, get to some of our events in Spring/Summer and meet lots of nice new friends via BM. Possibly/probably also someone you really enjoy spending time with and that will grow into something more. It's worked for thousands of people already
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/misc/testimonies.asp

Ride safe
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think it does affect things.
Like every other dating site (though this one is social too..), pictures always draw us in, but words make us want to stay and find out more. It's all very well looking at photos and thinking ' I want to snog the face off him/her ', but then you also want someone you can enjoy doing all those normal, mundane, silly, things that need clothes on too.
It's like Jo Guest (anyone remember her?) - I thought she was the most perfect woman on Earth, then she opened her mouth and I heard her speak. I couldn't have spent 5 minutes with her after that.
So yes – I think words and hopes and intentions matter. And maybe foretell the character of a person too.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi Bobbinz, Matt got it in one. It's much better chatting to folk on here, meeting up at events etc than relying solely on what's written on a profile. Sadly there is a tiny amount of folk who will blatantly ignore what you put anyway and will still message/pester you even if you put ' Seeking nobody' or 'Attached' so be aware ;) On the whole though there are some really wonderful folk on here and you will make some friends for life and perhaps meet someone special too, so enjoy the site and good luck 😁 x
Bobbinz's Profile
Bobbinz

Thanx everyone
I’m going to change my profile...
I am just unsure, wanting to get out & about again - maybe finding someone special for a laugh etc., Life’s too short 👍🏻                                                                                                                                                                             
Bobbinz's Profile
Bobbinz

Profile changed - feel a tad vulnerable but - nothing ventured / nothing gained !                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done, profile is spot on.
Photos are ace, IOM & Scotland, new helmet choice is class, tat looks sore! (but cool).

So, here is a suggestion to dwell on; in these SO politically correct times, I did think of requesting a 'Ladies Only' forum or topic for some of the very reasons that have been suggested here... TTFN
NotPhilMitchell's Profile
NotPhilMitchell

In: Coventry

Agree with Ducat there. Your profile reads well. I didn't know what to put either, other than no lies!
I'm new to this malarkey, and very wary, but the free membership allowed me to see that there are clearly some very genuine folk here. Calendar's filling up with events too so hope to meet up with fellow members soon. Enjoy the site and hopefully you'll make a lot of new friends.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hey Bobs....... This a good way of getting everyone to check your profile.... 😂 😂 😝😝😝 teeheehee
Hey yoyr profile is spot on, nowt wrong with it at all. Just listen to your gut instincts coz even online you get tgat 'sense' so let that guide you and don't be pushed into any meetings you have any doubt about. But you probably know all this already chick x
Enjoy
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Don't know about others but know what you mean about missing the company. Not so sure about this new Internet world of meeting people and possibly dating again.

Stu69's Profile
Stu69

In: Dartford
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I agree with panuno , the profile pic is the first thing that you see - and we are all only human so some of us may be immediately attracted to a particular person or quite the opposite . This does not mean that you need a perfect , posing profile pic but it can be the starting point to encourage people to venture further and try and suss out what you're about.
( no hope for me then ! )
Ultimately though it's about meeting people in the flesh , so to speak , ( no pun intended !)
We can get a jist of a persons character etc. but nobody can be judged on their profile alone.
We are all happy people and we love you !!! So don't worry !
Or even happy and nutty like me . ( look deeeeep into my profile and what do you see ? )
All the best and don't come off your bikes.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5273 seconds. There are 421 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption