Advice on what road to take

4 Posts | Latest reply on 21/01/2018 20:32:41 by loggolad | Go to original / last post
loggolad's Profile
loggolad

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Looking at getting to Dover from Liverpool but don't know if I should take 'A' roads or motorway.
If I do take the 'A' road which would be the best and roughly how long should it take me?

Thanks :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Put all you trip details into google maps and it will give you routes mileage and times then pick which one you think will suit your needs best                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
50% Karma50% Karma 50% Karma50% Karma

If you are going on your bike then I would advise you take the motorways. Frequent services for a brew and a break and the ability to filter if traffic comes to a standstill. If you're going by car, it is six of one and half a dozen of another. Speed and congestion being the major factors. Time of departure plus knowing where the pinch points at rush hour are would benefit you also.
loggolad's Profile
loggolad

In: Liverpool
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Thanks JP & Double Six for your comments.......Yeah gonna be biking it so may just take the motorway :-)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 1106 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption