Has Anyone had any experience with Zero Motorcycles?

6 Posts | Latest reply on 31/03/2018 16:55:06 by Steve_H | Go to original / last post
New2Biking's Profile
New2Biking

In: Glossop
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Something possessed me to search for eco/hybrid/electric motorcycles. I wasn't sure what to expect but the Zero website has the most awesome looking range of bikes. In particular I quite like the Zero FX. has anyone had any experience with Zero and what are your thoughts? I've seen a couple of YouTube videos showing Zero bikes on test and they are motorcycles unlike anything I've seen or heard before.
GHW's Profile
GHW

In: Black Country
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Wotcha.

[[ looks at Zero website ]]

A range of just under 40 miles at 70 mph . . . . on a bike that costs over £10 000
I must admit, the sheer torque from electric vehicles is amazing - look at the new Tesla . . . then look at the price.

The price will come down, but until then, I'll stick with conventional internal combustion engines . . .besides, they sound better too.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

look good, but unless they up the distance doable on each charge, and bring the price down....well rocket science it isn't. Plus like GHW I likes the sound :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Range and price make them an over priced object thats not fit for purpose.

I keep woundering why bike manufacturers are so focused on small lightweight machines. Why cant they build a proper full size bike with a proper range?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

There's a list somewhere on the web of best electric bikes, a few to choose from if you've more money than sense.
Personally I'm waiting for a battery pack that gives me 250 miles @ 60mph for less than a grand.
All the technology has been available for over 5 years except the battery price.
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Yep, at the moment ebikes are still early adopter toys. 40 miles will be fine I expect for cummuting but at a price.
If I was offroading much I might be tempted by one of those, but for road work I want to be able to do 200 miles at least, and obviously more for touring.
But the technology is getting there.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2656 seconds. There are 344 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption