Manchester bikers - be aware

10 Posts | Latest reply on 24/12/2017 12:49:06 by JP | Go to original / last post
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

On my way out of the city centre today at around midday, I was followed by two scrotes. Pulled up at some lights and they shouted they wanted my bike and "we going to take it". Bearing in mind they were about 17 and weren't expecting me, as a female , to tell them in no uncertain terms to either f**k off or try it and see what would happen, they backed off a bit. They were on a (I presume) a stolen moped and a honda 600 (licence plates covered).

They continued down Princess Parkway doing wheelies, going through red lights. Continued this on the start of the motorway.

I made sure I was always surrounded by cars and stayed back at red lights. My plan was to lay the bike down if needed, that way I could potentially kick the crap out of at least one of em (I was a tad cross at that point, and I have a bloody awful temper when I choose)

Now I know I was lucky as they could have tried to get my bike with bit more aggression, especially as the attacks in London on moped riders and bikers include acid being thrown

I think it was more them thinking I would be intimidated and chancing their luck. Also a bit of luck with timing of lights changing helped.

So heads up...watch your backs, keep your visor closed and keep an eye on an escape route

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Bloody hell Jo!! so glad you're ok, shame they ain't though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

The main thing is you're ok sweetheart,
Plus it shows how thick they must be.
If there was two of them on two bikes/scooters they would have to leave one of them to nick yours, If they follow you ride around until you see a copper, you may run out of petrol first.
So it sounds like more wheels than brain cells.
Troubadour's Profile
Troubadour

In: Elgin
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Hey. Sorry to hear this. Don't be scared. Don't feel intimidated, don't think twice about riding. You might want to report this to the cops, for what it's worth. Maybe they'll step up patrols in the area or be on the lookout for these thugs. Cops who are bikers will take it personally. Cheers man, stay safe.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

yup I'm ok about it.

Wouldn't stop riding that's for sure. And definately not scared or intimidated by scrotes like that, they are cowards and usually when you face em off they run. Apparently I can be quite....er.....forceful when pissed off.

With due respect to coppers, they were seen by a cop car (albeit on t'other side of road) and nowt happened. As I didn't have the licence plates there really isn't anything to report as such, other than a couple of fecking eejits trying it on. And as the regs are at the moment not to chase, I wouldn't want to waste their time.

Just more a warning to others to keep aware of your surrounding road users. Not all those riding bikes (I cannot bring myself to call these eejits bikers) are friendly.

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Good to hear you n bike are still together Jo and that you suffered no damage to self or bike. 👍

A pissed off RB😡 is not to be messed with, two eejits wouldn't have stood a chance. 😱

I know there are some 'groups' in the North, particularly Yorkshire n Lancashire areas, who are actively seeking these eejits out and are 'dealing' with the issue. Let's hope they sort these two out along with the rest of em!

The advice given is try to keep moving and position yourself between vehicles (as you did). Also alternate your route if you travel regularly to the same destination.

A great idea to give other riders a heads up too. Cheers!

Ride safe everyone x
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Glad your well and safe RB..

Looks like level being headed thinking has saved your butt. Not stopping is a good move, it's an anti hijack technique taught by police and army close protection.

Something I have been thinking once they have you stopped is remove the keys. At least they have to push the bike away. Making your chances better for keeping the bike and slowing there escape.

All the best in the future.
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

The time for turning the tables on them is getting very close now I can see bikers going out in groups looking for them without plates and running them off the road and retrieving the bikes. for the insurance companies ? There could be a nice little opportunity here to start a company working for the insurance industry. Yes lots of legal shit to sort but a fee for every bike recovered
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

There are people activly trying to grab these ‘t-max’ gangs, as a responce to the apprant apathy from the police.

I have a feeling theres blood to be spilt unless the police realy up there game and stop refusing to chase stop and nick                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

pop ? I think it will be an almighty bang when it happens                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3438 seconds. There are 1012 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption