Trips for travelling in Ireland

5 Posts | Latest reply on 21/12/2017 09:38:41 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hoping to take the bike to Ireland in May anyone got any tips, good tour routes, does and don'ts etc.                                                                                                                                                                             
KTMPhil61's Profile
KTMPhil61

In: Chester
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Coming out of Dublin theres a €10 charge to go through the tunnel and about €3 to go over the new bridge which you have to pay in 24 hrs. The west coast is nice from Donegal Bay South. Beware of Learner Drivers and take your waterproofs. The place needs a roof on it but the hospitality is great.
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

You don't say if you're heading north or to the south...so I'll speak for the south :)
Don't stay long in Dublin if you're heading into rebel republic country. It's purely for the tourists and expensive.
The west coast is stunning, hard, rocky coastlines and Atlantic winds. cheshireguy is right - the further southwest you go, the more addictive it gets. Galway; Limerick; Tralee...and beyond
The east coast is softer, sandy beaches with sheltered treelines.
The main link roads in the south are often dualled and built recently. The 'N' roads are variable and 'R' roads more like rural lanes. Uneven, poor quality and narrow.
Set your suspension for bumpy.
I covered over 6k miles of the republic while working / touring in a summer.
Beautiful country, beautiful people. Best tasting steaks I've ever had. You make a new friend every day. Quality all weather gear is not negotiable. It rains whenever it likes. Fog is an issue, too.
Make time for Cork. Better than Dublin, in my opinion. It floods regularly, being only about 35ft above sea level.
Remember it's km/h and euros over the border. The Garda Síochána are cool - but firm with their speed limits.
The sun sets later...west coast sunsets are unique.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Im from Dublin and the only thing i would say would be cautious is with your speed, stay within the limits and the speed is in kilometers per hour, there are speed vans on all the major roads.Plus the Garda Traffic cops have a heavy presence on all all major roads...
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Thank you for all your replies. I will check out the threads Catkins :-). I am planning on heading south from Dublin then up the west coast then hopefully catching some road racing further north.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 687 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption