NEW: Incomplete profiles to be filtered!

15 Posts | Latest replyΒ on 06/12/2017 12:40:44 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

At the beginning of the weekend I made a change to the database. From now on all profiles will be filtered from the search pages if the profile contains 6 or more "Tell you later" boxes. Basically if you don't complete your profile then you can still use the site, but you won't get the visibility that other members get.

It's caught a couple of our regular members out already. Which is why I've also added it to the "Account progress" bar which pops up around the place. It will remind you to complete the profile if necessary.

I need to also apologise for doing it in a rush and not fully testing it. This made the profile searches pretty much unusable all weekend. Whooops, sorry. I've fixed it now though.

Feedback welcome below. Do you find 6 boxes too many, not enough, or just right?
Wannabe's Profile
Wannabe

In: Dartford
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sounds good to me - might encourage folk to complete their profiles. If someone can't be bothered to put anything more than "tell you later" then I can't be bothered to find out.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

What they said                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hi Happyface - welcome to the website! Hope you like it. Please feel free to send me any feedback you have                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Absolutely think this is great. Personally I don't see the point of doing the "I'll tell you later" thing. Why bother filling anything in at all ? I, like a lot on here, simply don't bother with faceless "ITYL" members.

If you can't be bothered to fill the questions in, then what makes you think that I'm going to be bothered and second, more importantly, it makes you look like you are hiding something, especially the question of whether you are single/married !

Put a piccie up and fill in the boxes. It isn't hard.

Matt's Profile
Matt

"Tell you later" is what the site says if you don't pick an option or write anything

I'm going to make an "activity" area where you can see views and nods, with photos. It's next on my list                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
38% Karma38% Karma 38% Karma38% Karma

At last!!!.......one of my pet hates is trawling through pages of lovely ladies,see someone who makes my pacemaker going pitterptoing!!(joking,no pacemaker)then clicking to read all about them,rows of 'tell you later'cools my interest faster than ice-cubes in my Speedos...to all those ladies who DO have their boxes filled in..................let me re-phrase that....who have completed all the sections,BRAVISSIMO,BELLA!!!
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

And to all those daring to read my profile,sorry about the coma induced by that...:/>                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Lmfaooo at.... Ladies with their boxes filled in..... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ jinx ya nutta πŸ˜€. X                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

A mere slip of the tongue....erm....how about a mere faux pas?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Tsk Tsk........ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
55% Karma55% Karma 55% Karma55% Karma

Hahahaha, Jinx you had me at "ice-cubes in my Speedos"πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hahahahaha πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚. Yep that tickled me toooo πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Personally I would like it if profiles without a photo are not included in searches. I'm not into blind dating, and prefer to see who I'm getting messages from.

I don't mean that in a shallow way, as in if you're ugly I won't chat, I just mean I wouldn't speak to anyone who has their face covered so why expect me to do so on here?

Also, if you're attending a BM event, a photo helps others to recognise you when you turn up, provided it's an up to date photo.
Matt's Profile
Matt

Sandi
Searches already by default exclude people without a main profile picture.
You have to uncheck the box to enable profiles in searches that have no profile.
It's always been this way ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 592 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption