Favourite sounds

12 Posts | Latest reply on 13/11/2017 23:32:03 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

At the present time,just as you hit 4,500 revs on my Speed triple 955,that chesty roaring bellow from the airbox,intoxicating soundtrack...                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Oh,and that scriiiiiitccccchhh noise when i run a spoon handle round the foil on a new jar of coffee to relese it's contents...simple pleasures....bees buzzing,Nacho gargling like the Soup Dragon when he's waiting for his full food bowl...better stop me now,Catlkins,lol :)>
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Sea waves hitting the shore and retreating back over the pebbles/rocks.
Blackbirds singing at 4am
Washing machines on the wash cycle (very hypnotic!)
Foxes barking at night.
Peacocks calling.
Rain
Just a few of my favourite sounds, not forgetting the nicest one of all at times.... Silence!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

A Harris exhaust on an old air-cooled Kawasaki Z/GPZ, or on Suzuki's old air-cooled GS1000 and GSX1100.

And the Vance & Hines Supersport pipe on oil-cooled Suzuki's GSXR1100.

Far better than ANY album I own, have ever owned, or ever will own!! :-)

ps: A 3 into 1 exhaust on a Triumph T150 sounds lush too. So does a set of decent pipes on the Z1300, and the CBX1000. Then there's the whole 'Swarbricks on an LC' 2 stroke thing as well.

pps: Looks like my favourite sounds revolve around bikes. Only. I tried thinking of other things but all these amazing sounding bikes kept popping into my head. Just like Mike Hailwood's 6 cylinder Honda 250 has just done.

ppps: There's just too damned many!!
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Know where you're coming from, a Moto Guzzi 500 V8 being accelerated hard out of a corner makes the hairs stand up,too.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Almost forgot about engine noises, how could I lol? Admittedly though I am more of an 'American Muscle' car engine noise lover than a bike engine one (shock horror!) x                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The Dawn Chorus in summer.

nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Some years ago, Bike magazine released a CD called World Of Noise.
There are 18 recordings of bikes in various scenarios, including Norton rotary, Fireblade, machines on the Barbon hill climb, Speed Triple,  ZX-12R speed run, Goodwood festival of speed...
It finishes with a Ghezzo Brian Supertwin being ridden into the garage after a long run....engine switched off...ticking and pinging as the engine cools.

Quite hypnotic for armchair listening.

On a more sane level, I do enjoy the sound of a local church bell practice floating into the garden on a summer breeze at dusk.

@ Eliza Dee
The growl of a Chevy V8 is very hard to ignore - the Shelby GT350 is just...sigh
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Would have to agree with Elizadee on waves and beaches,especially if they've a band of shingle....calming..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Snoring/Dreaming dogs...velcro being peeled apart,depending on the situation...:)                                                                                                                                                                              
Roughrider02's Profile
Roughrider02

In: Tarlton
42% Karma42% Karma 42% Karma42% Karma

Straight through 3 into 1 pipe on my old Triumph Trident 😊                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Laverda Jota with the 120 degree crank. :-)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 739 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption