New Mersey gateway Bridge opening

6 Posts | Latest reply on 14/10/2017 01:49:37 by Wills | Go to original / last post
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

The new Mersey Gateway Bridge between Runcorn and Widnes has been the biggest civil engineering project in the north-west of England for the last three years or so, and it opens to traffic at midnight this coming Friday, October 13.
There's a load of local bikers planing to be among the first to cross, and we're meeting up at McDonalds in Widnes at 10.30pm after the firework display. Organised by a bunch who meet in the Britannia pub in Liverpool, which includes a number of BM members.
You're all invited Thumbs Up
Details of the whole project here http://www.merseygateway.co.uk and the McDonalds is at WA8 7AP. There may well be a group meeting up on the Runcorn side too - I'll keep you informed.                                                                                                                                                                             
GS George's Profile
GS George

In: Dudley Preston
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

I will be there sounds like a good idea                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
37% Karma37% Karma 37% Karma37% Karma

Hope it doesn't get stolen the night before...Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

Ho ho ho.

(He said, through clenched teeth)

GS George's Profile
GS George

In: Dudley Preston
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Thanks for the heads up on this one Wills 

Just got back it was well worth the wait in McDonalds carpark I was very impressed with the turnout as well
A good night and the Bridge is spot on Beer

Wills's Profile
Wills

Just got back myself after a quick beer in a late-night pub I know.
As a kid aged nine I was taken by my dad over the 'old' Runcorn bridge the day it opened, and back in the 1930s he took his bike through the original Mersey tunnel the day it opened. So I had to keep up the tradition!
I'll put one or two pictures up on my profile in the morning.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2813 seconds. There are 673 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption