Not an easy decsion to make.

10 Posts | Latest reply on 30/09/2017 22:52:48 by VFR800AJ | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

This is probably one of the hardest things I have had to put into words but ........... The time has come to sell the VFR. I have not come to this decision lightly, but to be honest my four or five rides a year at the moment do not justify the expense of keeping it and running it. My missus says sell it and then see how I am when I retire. I spend so much time at work and also my fishing, grandkids, and now my investment in the Mondeo Estate I always wanted have put me in the position where something has to go.

So, anyone want to buy the VFR ? Keep it in the 'family' ? Serviced every 2 years at dealers, always garaged and mothered to death lol.

I intend to stay on this site as I have made a lot of friends on here, and don't want to lose touch totally, so please invite me on any socials. There are also some people I am still looking forwards to meeting. You may know, or suspect, who you are.

I am going to do RTTW 10th anniversary and then I am going to put it up for sale.

If things go according to plan, I am still looking at Route 66 the year after next, and then maybe re-emerge as a Cruiser rider. We'll see. But hey....I never say never.

AJ
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Oh AJ, that's not good, such a shame Unhappy

Poor 'Marigold'... Hope she finds a new owner who pampers her as much as you have! 
Ermm

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Why don't you put the grand babies on ebay an keep the VFR?

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Marigold  Big smile  lol  I never did give her a name. 

Ebay my Grandkids.....make Christmas a bit cheaper Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Sorry to hear this AJ but its probably not been an easy thing to decide but hope to see you at RTTW and at Bm events                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Not easy at all Shelley, fancy meeting at Bassetts for the ride to RTTW ?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I'm joining up at Strensham Services, but I'll keep an eye out for you on the day AJ.. Hope it all works out for you.. :)                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Gutted for you. Hope that's not a decision I ever have to make.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Sell it, put the money in the bank and when the urge strikes again buy another bike.
Expect the urge about April '18!

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

I got the urge now mate, and I still have the bike LOL                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3594 seconds. There are 706 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption