Anticlimax

17 Posts | Latest reply on 26/07/2017 16:59:18 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Or just post holiday blues? Back from a great 2 weeks away, then back to work (I work for myself), daughter home from Uni and lots or arguments, listless, bored, missing company, restless.

It's the middle of a long hot summer, perfect weather for the bike, better weather for early evenings in a pub garden....and my enthusiasm level is about minus 100.

So I pop on here, look at all these potentially wonderful companions, and then think damn! - the really interesting ones are about 6 counties away.
Sorry for the little moan, feeling flat as a pancake, and just needed to air a thought somewhere.
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Felt exactly the same after my French Trip...just wanted to go back for last few weeks...wanderlust do you think,or just fed up with what our form of reality contains?....escapism has a lot to recommend it,methinks...Ermm                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Panuno, I know exactly what you mean regarding how far away the really interesting ones are. But, have bike will travel. Or something like that.

Is it that simple though, or are we subconsciously telling ourselves not to crap on our own doorstep.........LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I think our reality returns to humdrum Jynx, after our idyllic escapes. And it's not so much about the doorstep thing Cornholio...at least I don't think so...but perhaps just that we want those that we may be unable to get.
But yes, have bike, will travel
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Some absolute crackers up in Scotland, and looks like plenty going on in the Midlands too, and oop North. Down here everyone is, well, let's just say Scotland, the Midlands, and oop North look far more interesting/promising. Smile                                                                                                                                                                              
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

With a 70 / 30 split in terms of gender, the need for the hunter / gatherer to cross counties is inevitable.

Problem is, once I've arrived...I've enjoyed the journey so much, I forget what I was planning to do once I've got there Confused

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Do what i do Nick,take a camera.....:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
feistygirl's Profile
feistygirl

In: Rochdale

You could always arrange to meet them in the middle... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

Now that sounds like a plan Clap

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
56% Karma56% Karma 56% Karma56% Karma

Panuno the correct approach at the end any good holiday is to "what next" abd get planning Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Come visit some lovely Scottish lassies sometime  Hug                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

"Love conquers all"  including mileage.Wink                                                                                                                                                                             
dennyboo's Profile
dennyboo

In: Huddersfield

Oh god watch him Crimmy !                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

Well...that's your six counties right there, Panuno Clap

@ Crimmy - did Edinburgh a couple of years back...finalising plans for a stay near Glenrothes around September if those ducks will get in the right row... Thumbs Up

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

Scratching my itch with a return to Cumbria this weekend..wave if you see a black Speed Triple chug past..Thumbs Up Curing the blues by watching and listening to the BluesCool                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

Don't talk to me about post holiday blues !!!!  I'm the world's worst.  Thumbs Down  Coming back from 3 days in North Yorks, I absolutely love it up there, the place, the people   etc  Now back home, on nights, but with plans going forward years, and to me that's what it's all about....getting through the crap to get to the good stuff.   
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

AJ, you must be at work just as I'm getting home from work. I thought you were just up the road from me but that's a different Sutton. Smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6602 seconds. There are 696 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption