Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys Wales

43 Posts | Latest reply on 12/09/2017 17:52:40 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Mind you dont get your Endoscope trapped mate, that can be really painfull.Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Hope the endoscopy results help with the diagnosis...without too much discomfort Embarrassed

Of the folks that coloured themselves interested, I think jinxy is the only one in my flight path.

Most others are coming down from oop north, which makes meeting up somewhere en route a bit of a tangent.

Other than Yarg, maybe?

Any other peeps considering this?
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

OK...all quiet here...so bumping up.

Any objections to moving this back a week...or two?
Would that help with attendance?

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Dont move it - repeat it?                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Might also be useful if people indicate if they want to link up to ride there with someone else and possible meeting points.                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

1st or 2nd week in October would be good for me ????  I didn't have 'airport duties' when i put it on originally.                                                                                                                                                                             
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

I sent out a mail to all attendees at the same time I posted to this forum last night.
I can see that the main contingent is from Wales, with others scattered around the midlands.
I already sent a PM to jinxy, asking whether a meetup would work, if he's still interested.
And...further up this posting, I suggested Yarg could be a possible meetup, if we found somewhere in between.
It's difficult to find a convenient point for all of us, due to proximity from each other.
I agree with you Yarg...what would work for you?
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Not sure Nick, depends what route you,d be taking.                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

I've 'added ' myself to the event,but may have to divert for a pilly pickup,i'll keep you posted Nick..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This seems to be taking shape now so anyone interested in joining in let us know. Suggested meet up time at the lake is around midday. 

Anyone looking to ride there with company just let us know.Big smile

nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

Thanks jinxy.

So, this is where we're at...:-

Scheduled date still same - 10 September.
Weather permitting -
jinxy still interested - possibly with pilly
Yarg still interested - pilly also likely, with a good sense of direction Thumbs Up
Babyvara - hoping to set up a meeting point to linkup with Yarg and travel together...waiting for her response to PMs.

Proposed meeting time - midday
Proposed venue - The Old Barn Cafe, Llanwddyn
SY10 0LZ
http://www.oldbarncafe.com/Pages/default.aspx

Unless you know a better venue..? Smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Have decided to leave earlier tomoz in view of weather now due to change at Llanwddyn around midday onwards. I will leave 8.30 but use my Welsh route up as the roads are superb but will come back along Jinxys Herefordshire route as that route should be drier after 1pm! C u then unless weather forecast worsens between now and then!!
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

@ aliswag - not surprised...best of the day seems to be the morning.

jinxy is proofing his kit in preparation....the things we do to avoid mowing the lawn Clap

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In my defence... It's a lot of lawn,and it's wet after today's thunderstorms...:/                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Y'all still up for it? Weather prognosis just got worse...                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

It's just rain....so we'll get wet...mehLOL Leaving at any moment..Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

234 miles all up,great to meet AliSwag finally,top bloke..Thumbs Up Ditto for highest miles man,Nickscafe,too....overcame all obstacles to say hi..Clap Weather changeable to put it mildly,but managed to ride home under blue skies...rode up to dam was closed for 4 hours due to Half-Marathon on same day...LOL Posting pictures shortly(using a dwarf)Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well done all - not the nicest day to ride Clap

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yeah, piggin weather, would have loved that trip but i dont do rain.Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

I seem to spend more time riding wet than dry lately,heyho...Smile                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7344 seconds. There are 816 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption