Day out to Lake Vyrnwy - Powys Wales

43 Posts | Latest reply on 12/09/2017 17:52:40 by jinx57 | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I have put an events calendar entry out there for a day out to Lake Vyrnwy (Powys) Wales. 10th September Sunday.  Not much on events calendar then, so thought would see if any takers. I'll have a word with the Welsh contingent, see if we could meet up.   I have been before, it's a beautiful area.  Check out the web site: http://www.visitmidwales.co.uk/Lake-Vyrnwy-Lake-Vyrnwy-Llyn-Efyrnwy/details/?dms=3&venue=1023341                                                                                                                                                                             
Jemima24's Profile
Jemima24

In: Derby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Oh no we won't be able to join you, we are off to the Breacon Beacons the day after! Enjoy the ride as the Lake is so beautiful 

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I wouldn't mind having a go at that AJ, love that area ... Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Might even venture there on two wheels this time Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I,m up for a dabble at that.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I think I can safely say that Stuie will be up for this one especially if ExupRichR1 is going to put in an appearance! 

Rich if you are up for this one, give Stu a shout please. Thumbs Up

jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Do they not have a lake with vowels in??                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Isn't 'Y' a sort of unofficial vowel.... ie 'fly' or 'dry' ?                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

This hasn't appeared in 'Events' yet ???????????                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Sorry AJ but we won't be able to make this one as I realised this afternoon it falls on the same weekend as the Sleights Art Festival, room already booked!   

Have a fabulous day everyone attending, perhaps we will make the next one.Embarrassed

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Any reason it's taking so long to get into 'Events' ?                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
27% Karma27% Karma 27% Karma27% Karma

Meh..dunno,but colour me interested...:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Hi I am going to have to bail out of this event and the organisation of it as I have been put on Airport run duty for that day.  If someone else wants to take it on ??????????  else can one of the MODS delete it from events please ?                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

BUMP

Please note: I am going to have to bail out of this event and the organisation of it as I have been put on Airport run duty for that day.  If someone else wants to take it on ??????????  else can one of the MODS delete it from events please ?    Thumbs Down                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

I'll delete the event when everyone has removed themselves from it; but COME ON! people - lots of positive comments on here from earlier in the year; now that it's getting closer why not commit and make this a meet that everyone else will wish they could have made it to?
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

I'm always up for a spin into Wales...I'm watching this with interest.
Unable to give a clear commitment at this point due to nature of work...it's awkward when I work 99% of my weekends.

izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

That, and a new face added to the event, is good enough for me Nick, I'll leave it up.

Only thing is; there's no actual plan for timings and meeting points etc, so someone has to put a time and place on the thread if you intend to meet Handshake and not just ride past nodding.

Add yourselves here: https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/newcalendar_event_details.asp?event_id=5552#  if you want to be included in notices.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Taking into account the distances some folks will be riding, also they may not have been there before and are unfamiliar with the route... perhaps we can agree a time around lunch??

Say arrive between 12pm and 1pm.
Depart about 3pm, giving folks a nice wide arrival window, should anyone get a little lost :-)

I've been before, it's a nice place.
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

Was looking at various points for refreshment. The Old Barn looks promising?
http://www.oldbarncafe.com/Pages/default.aspx
Close proximity to the dam, with food and...puddings Tongue

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I've had to pull out for now.

Bike developed engine noise this evening and it sounds slightly terminal. Probably either a big end, small end, piston or camshaft problems.

I'll know more towards the weekend when I get time to remove the fairings and get my stethoscope and endoscope in there.

:-(

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6719 seconds. There are 729 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption