Link events to Forum Topic

7 Posts | Latest reply on 10/04/2017 21:54:41 by Matt | Go to original / last post
nickscafe's Profile
nickscafe

In: Milton Keynes
7% Karma7% Karma 7% Karma7% Karma

OK..must be time for me to ask a silly question posed a thousand times before... Confused
Why isn't it possible to create an active link between the event and the relevant post?
Example Event: Pick Up A Pillion Day 23 April 2017
Related Forum post: Pick Up A Pillion Day 23 April 2017
I would've thought that would save loadsa bumping, repasting and constantly having to repeat stuff?
Updates are great, but to have post and event directly linked would also make it easier to switch between the two and help keep things live and current.
It could also enable tagging for the subject across the site, creating a relevant relationship that might help with increasing awareness.
I've seen it configured in other similar software apps.
Matt...Mods...am I being too off planet?
Bebe D-Oie's Profile
Bebe D-Oie

In: Bolton
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya, I totally agree this would make things so much easier for everyone.  Jx Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

There is a link on threads to the event but yep a link from events to the thread would be handy Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

I asked Matt about 5 years ago to do that when he was at mcn and I'm still waiting                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

JP, when a man says he'll do something, he'll do something. You don't need to remind him every 5 years!!! LOL

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
66% Karma66% Karma 66% Karma66% Karma

LOL WML at Cornholio's comment.

I have a vague memory of this topic being discussed in the past but don't recall the responses.

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

lol sorrrrry.  Reminder duly noted

I'd say:  Put a link to the event in the first post of the topic. Then put a link to the forum topic in the web-link field of the event.  If there's an external link already on the event then put the link in the description.  I will work some magic to make the event descriptions automatically create a hyperlink if a link is detected.

How's that sound?

Mods can also help edit existing events and forum topics if necessary - just drop them an email.

Currently redesigning the site and will also keep this issue in mind.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2969 seconds. There are 1388 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption