Rememberance Sunday Nov 11th

11 Posts | Latest reply on 11/11/2007 17:33:48 by lcotgrave | Go to original / last post
ghosthunter's Profile
ghosthunter

In: Hinckley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

A great big thank you to all serving, both current, retired and passed on for your bravery,courage and unselfishness so people like me can eat my choccies in relative safety and moan about politicians.   Without you we would not have our most basic of freedoms.   We are the Pilgrims master.We shall go Always a little further: It may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred With snow Across that angry or that glimmering seaWink                                                                                                                                                                               
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
43% Karma43% Karma 43% Karma43% Karma

Thumbs Up As an x serviceman I appreciate that GH,as I'm sure many otheres do.                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

Having been serving in the RAF during the Falklands and For british aerospace during the first gulf war in 1992. I can honestly say with hand on heart that wars are VERY VERY LOUD!! The reality of war is shocking and certainly has a great effect on those that get directly involved. Those people have my admiration and i will never forget the contribution they have made for this country. Whatever conflict they served in including Northern ireland. I for one if in a position to, will be standing silent on Sunday. As an ex-seviceman Ghosthunter i thank you for your words Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
witchiest's Profile
witchiest

In: hinckley

having recently lost a good friend,almost another brother really,in basra,the day he was due home,i appreciate your thoughts too gh.                                                                                                                                                                              
Cruiser gal's Profile
Cruiser gal

In: Tamworth

Nice words Ghosthunter, being the mother of a daughter who has served her country in the Gulf War and seeing the effect this has had on her, something she will never talk about. yet she still remains a serving officer of over 15yrs. I will be standing in silence and saying a prayer for those that are serving, those that have served and those that have lost their lives making ours a better one, also for the families and friends that have lost their loved ones.   Witchiest you will be in my thoughts.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

lovely words GH - I have known people in the forces - Falklands, Northern Ireland, Bosnia. Luckily they came out of it physically unscathed. But I shall be thinking of all our people in all the forces past, present & future & their families.Hug                                                                                                                                                                               
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
72% Karma72% Karma 72% Karma72% Karma

Well said. If I see old Frank in the pub tonight I'll buy him a pint. I made the mistake once of assuming he was in on day one of D-Day. 'No.' 'Sorry, Frank, I really thought you were in on the first day.' 'No way. I was in the day before' As a parachutist he was one of that elite band who were dropped in behind German lines to disrupt communications ahead of the landings, and obviously he lived to tell the tale. He'll deserve that pint...                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

i wil be there on the seafrnt watchin the parade thinkin of my dad an my uncles who served in ww2,and of recent conflicts especially Afghanistan we dont realise how hard our forces are fighting there,i spent some time there in the seventies[ex hippy] an wouldnt want to fight in such inhospitable [an beutiful]country and against really tough and focussed tribesmen an insurgents who really dont fear death!! 
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
80% Karma80% Karma 80% Karma80% Karma

My greatest respect to all those who served and died, to those who served and survived and to those currently serving in the armed forces.    I was a Royal Navy wife for 16yrs, living in Gibraltar when the (1990-91) Gulf war was taking place, and my son is currently serving in the Royal Navy.                                                                                                                                                                               
Nutkin68's Profile
Nutkin68

In: Hull

Nice words everyone, I too, will stand in silent prayer to past, present and future servicemen and women - respect xx                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead

Quite a moving expierience standing on the camp field at squires, half way taking our tent down at eleven oclock, with our hands behind our backs and heads bowed.   I would not be a biker today with the freedom i have if it wasnt for our past.   God Bless                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4531 seconds. There are 574 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption