New feature: Calendar updates

16 Posts | Latest reply on 15/06/2017 08:02:18 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

As requested, I've changed the calendar to add some little extras...

The calendar is now searchable for "BM Organised Events"You can filter for events which have people attendingEmpty days are automatically hidden from the year overview pageThe year overview page also shows how people friends are attending, how many in total, and if it's a BM event or notWhen visiting an event there's a clear (but not intrusive) message asking if you are planning to attend the event or not
Hopefully it's mostly self explanatory, but here's an example from the calendar year-overview page:

Sat 18 Feb 
1) (BM) Night Out In Chester (1|15) *371mi

This means it's a BM-only event.  The numbers in brackets mean 1 friend is going plus 15 in total.  The number at the end means it's 371 miles away from my postcode.

There's a button at the top also which says "Toggle Empty Days".  Automatically empty days are now hidden, but you can press this button to show them again if you prefer that view.

When opening  an event you'll see this...

Are you planning to attend this event? 
Yes - add to my calendar

Think that's simple enough, and will hopefully stop the emails I get asking "how do I add an event to my profile?"

Any questions, please let me know                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Wow the enthusiasm Censored                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

LOL
Thanks Matt Thumbs Up

Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Just looked at calendar and yes its easy to spot a BM event now, so thanks Boss Man :)

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Had a play around and tis easier.                                                                                                                                                                                
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

does it for me.                                                                                                                                                                             
Motorbike50's Profile
Motorbike50

In: Rhyl
1% Karma1% Karma 1% Karma1% Karma

Sounds like we're a happy bunch, does it for me too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

Cheers Matt Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

Still left wondering where the 'submitted but vanished' ones went.........?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hey Jinx

Yea me too.  Everything looks ok in the database and I can see all approved events are visible.

Give me some examples please (who submitted, approximately when it was submitted, and of course the title of the event. Date/time of the event would also help - whatever you have)
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Well I for 1 cant remember when I sent the events in but it was Barflys sent it twice

Matt's Profile
Matt

JP i found the problem!

You put the end date BEFORE the start date, so it doesn't appear on the calendar...

Start: 2017-07-07 12:00:00.000
End: 2017-06-09 00:00:00.000

Clap

I'll find it online and fix it, no worries. 

There's 4 in total like this...

Boxing Day Meets,Gloucestershire
Barflys Rally 2017
Maryport Blues Festival
Brightonia

I will also add some error-checking into the "Add Event" page to catch this earlier in future                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
39% Karma39% Karma 39% Karma39% Karma

AHA!! sounds like my famous FFS...Fat Finger Syndrome...or could be my equally FHS..Fat Head Syndrome,but probably why 2 of mine were MIA,then....thanks Matt for persistance..:)>                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Can you put down the night out in Shrewsbury as a BM event please                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Night out in Shrewsbury is a bm only event but still isnt showing (BM) or has that gone by the wayside now?                                                                                                                                                                              
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

Matt, on the main calendar page, before submitting an event, there is no info about length of time to wait, after submitting, before contacting staff.
Would it be possible to add it please? 

Also there needs to be quicker acceptance times, especially as there are now 5 staff members who deal with the calendar. Cheers

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7031 seconds. There are 756 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption