Contacting old female friends.

9 Posts | Latest reply on 13/02/2017 08:13:28 by Sandi | Go to original / last post
56Steve's Profile
56Steve

In: Bridgwater
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Does anyone have experience of contacting old female friends who they hadn't seen or spoken to since the early to mid 80s (33yrs).
I would be very grateful to hear about how some of you have managed to do so successfully and receive some good advice on how to go about it (Facebook etc.).
I would love to contact two lovely sisters who i first met in 81/82                                                                                                                                                                             
Rose67's Profile
Rose67

In: northamptonshire
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Friends have found me (and I them) after similar amounts of time through FB....just search names, schools, clubs they were in etc and any of their friends/family if you know their names, then look at their friends list ....
Good luck :-)

56Steve's Profile
56Steve

Thanks!! Rose, Very useful info for a Facebook
novice like myself. I will try your method once i have got myself onto Facebook.Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Rose67's Profile
Rose67

In: northamptonshire
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Facebook is my only guilty pleasure these days hahaha ....hope you find your friends :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Was found through fb after 20 years - all I would suggest is, don't expect things to be the same as you left them!!
People change...Wink
Good Luck                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Believe it or not, years ago I managed to organise an entire class reunion via the phone book (it's a very old concept, younger members won't know aboutLOL)   

It was more successful than I thought it would be, only two out of thirty-two couldn't make it (one was living in Belgium, the other in America!)

I'm not on FB, but I still meet people from years ago whilst going about my daily life.  As Joey says, we have all changed (in so many different ways) be prepared!

All I can say about classmates that I found amazing was the few that were hungout to dry as 'no hopers' by the teachers, were in fact the most successful business people.   Goes to show that there is hope and teachers do get it wrong!

Good luck with your search Thumbs Up

56Steve's Profile
56Steve

Expecting both sisters to have changed physically and mentally over 33yrs and to have very different outlooks on life than they did 33yrs ago.  One thing i am positive about is that there very natural nice personalities would not have left them over the years and i am pretty sure that they would enjoy talking to an old friend.Cool                                                                                                                                                                                
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Social media sites such as Facebook should help you in your search.
Usually a little more difficult with females, because they change their surnames, but as already been suggested if you know their friends and family names maybe you will find them that way 
Good luck in your search, let us know how you get on.
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Any success yet Steve?                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3281 seconds. There are 553 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption