restore black trim

8 Posts | Latest reply on 27/11/2016 10:38:12 by Wee T | Go to original / last post
ninjaturbo's Profile
ninjaturbo

In: Rotherham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Ok guys here is a tip for restoring faded black plastic trim whether its on your bike or car, don't bother with expensive back to black spray instead use smooth peanut butter don't laugh it works try it, just rub on sparingly and then wipe off. If you like peanut butter its a win win use on your sandwiches and your bike, mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Not wasting peanut butter on my bike. I'd rather a dull bike and a full belly :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Diesel Pete's Profile
Diesel Pete

In: Gateshead
10% Karma10% Karma 10% Karma10% Karma

Tried peanut butter on some trim on my Land Rover and it works!

A heat gun is the best way but if you can't take the trim off or its not a good area to apply heat then peanut butter is the one.

The rest of the jar can be applied to stodgy white bread too Thumbs Up

guynearllandrindodwells's Profile
guynearllandrindodwe

In: llandrindod well

Bio oil can work for small areas, but its expensive.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

What about scratches in gloss black fairings? Any tips? Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
iceybusa's Profile
iceybusa

In: Moreton In Marsh
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Afternoon Matt.

I've always used a steady hand and a black indelible marker pen and once dry, have gone over lightly with cheap furniture spray polish. It works well but is not exactly an invisible fix if scrutinised up close. I've now just had a fairing respray (looks great) but the marker pen was a good fix for years. I tried a paint pen but that was a nightmare. Good luck and i hope, whatever you do, it looks better and you're happy. Best regards...icey 

Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

thanks man, great tip!  Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
Wee T's Profile
Wee T

In: Kirkcaldy

I have to ask.... how did you discover this worked?                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3599 seconds. There are 1761 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption