What Was Your Favourite/ Least Liked Programme As A Kid?

13 Posts | Latest reply on 30/11/2015 15:48:53 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Roughrider02's Profile
Roughrider02

In: Tarlton
43% Karma43% Karma 43% Karma43% Karma

Well  My Favorite was the Magic roundabout it was fab another one of my favorites was Folly foot and black beauty (i don't mind admitting to it)also the Mr Men fab ha ha least favorite was Captain Scarlet i hated it.

Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

My fave was a programme called 'Vision On' for deaf and hard of hearing kids. I liked The Woodentops too lol.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

My favourite was 'Go with Noakes', anybody else remember that? I think that's where I got my taste for exploring....
Oh and I loved Captain Scarlet/Thunderbirds/Joe 90 too....

HATED Rentaghost!!!! Lol!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
89% Karma89% Karma 89% Karma89% Karma

Thats a hard one but got me thinking does anybody remember Motor Mouse and Auto cat                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

This Biker site is getting more weird as the weeks go by.

,best program by far was Tom and Jerry.                                                                                                                                                                             
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

My main recollection as a young child in the 50s was radio. My favourite programmes were the comedy shows on Sunday lunchtimes, particularly The Navy Lark and Beyond Our Ken. I really disliked 'Uncle Mac' in Children's Favourites. What an irritating old misery he was.
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
70% Karma70% Karma 70% Karma70% Karma

Same here...my parents were a bit old-fashioned and didn't get a TV until I was in my mid-teens, so I was brought up on the radio.
Didn't like Uncle Mac much myself either.
I caught up with all the kids TV shows when I had my own family. But that's another tale!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
46% Karma46% Karma 46% Karma46% Karma

Does anyone know if there was a TV licence in the 50s, and if so, how much it cost?                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

from Wikipedia

BBC[edit]
At the instigation of the Post Office, the British Broadcasting Company was established in October 1922 by a group of radio manufacturers to produce radio programmes for the users of their products. Initially the broadcasts were funded by the sale of radio receiving sets, and carried sponsored programmes.
As part of the agreement with the Post Office, the Postmaster General started to apply a condition to broadcast receiving licences that the equipment used be "Type Approved by Postmaster General" and marked with the BBC logo.
Initially, the fee for receiving licences was 10 shillings, and remained at that rate until after the Second World War.
With the forming of the public British Broadcasting Corporation<...ion in 1927, the Post Office dedicated nearly the entirety of licence fee income to the funding of the BBC.Television[edit]
The standard broadcast receiving licences covered reception of the BBC's 405-line television service between November 1936 and September 1939 at no additional cost.
The outbreak of the Second World War in 1939 led to the suspension of television broadcasts in the UK.
The television licence was introduced in June 1946 to coincide with the post-war resumption of the BBC service the same month. Television licences always included a licence to receive radio broadcasts.
From 1971, only the reception of television transmissions required a licence, and radio-only licences ceased to be issued                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Favourite programme/s were White Horses, Lizzie Dripping, The Herbs, and The Flashing Blade :)
Can't think of any I disliked.....                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

dr who all the way yea                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Faves were magic roundabout, black beauty, white horses, play away!! Prob loads of others lol

Least fave was any news.....funny enough I never watch news now either lol, bur I hardly watch telly to be honest                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ohhh yessss Dr who.... But that was when I was bit older than play Away days pmsl :-P                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5859 seconds. There are 719 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption