Wink ;)

25 Posts | Latest reply on 28/09/2006 15:23:27 by Di | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

Why do you send a 'wink'? (on here I mean) I'm curious cos on another site it was a 'kiss' and, when asked, folk gave an assortment of reasons for sending one, including.. just to say 'hi'.  No confusion there then eh? lol                                                                                                                                                                                
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

People send them for several reasons;

Just to say hi.
Maybe they not sure what to say in a PM/Email.
Don't want to seem pushy.
Don't want to embarrass themselves.
Maybe not able to send PM/Email so send one in the hope you'll send them a PM/Email with your email addy in.

There are prolly other reasons but these are some of the reasons I send winks to people.
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

In: Holyhead

Not at all sure why I do it.  Hopefully it makes the person receiving it feel good.   I doubt that I will ever meet any one I send winks to in the flesh as it were.Wink here have a wink or twoWink lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Your reply echoes what I said, that a wink is sent for many reasons and therefore causes confusion. Obviously if folk can't send a mail message I can see why they'd send a wink, so that the recipient will contact them but what's the point if they can't reply? If they can't pay 99p to join, well... lol   As for e-mail addy, the rules of this site state you're not supposed to do that. When I was trying out how things worked I clicked on the send mail and it stated not to add e-mail addy, which made me think, does admin read our mail?                                                                                                                                                                               
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

rubecula: And men say women are hard to understand! lol Personally I just find a wink confusing and wonder WHY they sent it. A message is by far less confusing, well it it is if the sender states why he sent it.                                                                                                                                                                              
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

If it feels good .... do it lolLOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

You can FEEL things on your computer? Wheredya buy it?, I want one LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

Last time I felt something on a computer was when I dropped it on my foot.LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Now be honest, you were givin' it the boot weren't ya?                                                                                                                                                                              
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

Well..... there was some swearing involved, that's true.   I had to pack it away so the guest room was free for my dad to stay for the week.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Sod that! I'd have made him sleep with the dog.  No 'puter for a WEEK?? Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

Yeah I have severe withdrawal symptoms..... thats why I have been on all morning.   Pity I have to go to work todayCry                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

Ah, ya wouldn't say that if ya were unemployed. Have a stress-free day, rubecula, catch you L8R A J                                                                                                                                                                              
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

You too AJ, bet there is a weeks worth of work for me to catch up on......  if I feel like itEvil Smile   Ok gotta go and fix some planes see ya l8er                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

Or it could be ur the winkest-link goodbye LOL i no bad joke lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Regarding winks - sending winks in a PM can now result in a ban!   I have a script, that when you send a PM it scans it for email addresses.  If theres an email address style link there, then it DOES allow the PM to be sent but it sends me a copy to see why you were sending it with your email address.   If it is to maliciously collect email addresses.... then you will be banned.  You will be banned unless I see good reason in the PM not to ban you.   Put simply - a malicious user a while back sent 200 private messages... all the same text.  Basically, this PM asked for people to "email ....  if they were interested".  When people sent this address an email, they were adding to hundreds of spam lists.   As it then looks as though my website has caused this, and I do not want to be taken to court because ive not protected my members, then SENDING EMAIL ADDRESSES IN PRIVATE MESSAGES IS TOTALLY BANNED!   I hope you will all understand this is for your own protection.  Sending winks should not be used to get people to send you their email address just because your too tight to pay 99p either!  This website costs me a fortune to run, and has cost £3,000 so far in advertising.  Anyone who wants to CON ME PERSONALLY out of 99p can leave the site as far as I'm concerned - it's no loss to me either way is it?  Hehe  Thumbs Up   Sorry for going on, but I keep getting emailed this same question and it's doing my head in "Why's it banned, why's is banned" ARRRRGHHHH!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: See section 4 here... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/b...asp                                                                                                                                                                             
mozie's Profile
mozie

In: Chelmsford

Chill me old buddy..                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Tongue  Dont know the meaning of the word unfortunately Cry                                                                                                                                                                             
rubecula's Profile
rubecula

What happens if you send someone elses e-mail address?  pmslLOL   Only joking mate.  Anyone needs an e-mail address then I am sure that you will act as third party where required.  It could be easily arranged.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7852 seconds. There are 589 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption