Events data needed

18 Posts | Latest reply on 09/02/2016 13:20:12 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Hi everyone

We're really in need of people to add more and more events to our database.

Doesn't need to be events that you organise, just help us to make the most complete UK bikers events database.

So think about racing agenda, bike rallies etc.

If you know one that isn't on the calendar, please please add it for us.  Or, if you have some extra time, please scour the internet for other sites with lots of data and add it to BM.

Thanks very much!                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

OK but can you add a fiter so we can just see the biker match events if we want?
I can be hard to find something by BM members when it lost amidst a list of rallies, race meets and operas.
PS, if I ever do find an opera on here I'm off :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Good idea having a BM filter.

It's all very well having a comprehensive biker event calendar but the page header is "UK" Biker Calendar so please no Sturgis or Phillip Island postings (they're hardly going to many attendees) and no pop concerts either unless there's definitely a BM meet associated with it!                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Hmmm, hard to implement that now . I'd have to add a new option to each event like "BM event", which is either yes or no.

Does seem rather complicated and unnecessary though, no?  It's not such a massive database                                                                                                                                                                             
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

The 'filter' might then be the Events team; apply a little discretion to what get put on and add BM to the top line of BM-only meets or to an actual BM gathering within an event such as the Farmyard Party - but perhaps not to trade shows where it's much less a 'meet' than on opportunity if communication between folk allows? 
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Personally I prefer knowing whats going on all over the place throughout the year.  I am not a FB user and I have to rely on checking events via the internet if it's not listed on here.  I would have to spend valuable ride-out time if I had to check for everything that I may be interested in and that's just not an option as far as I am concerned Unhappy!

I think the Events would dwindle so much that there would be no need for The Calendar, if it ONLY consisted of BM events.                                                                                                                                                                             
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Matt, 

I've just added seven events, awaiting approval.  Although not specifically BM events, I know of some BM members that attend these events or have done in the past. 

It's always a good idea to include non-BM events as this gives an opportunity for BMers to meet and introduce new people to the site.HugThumbs Up

I will add more as and when I get time Smile

Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks Karey, perfect.  They'll be approved and added shortly.                                                                                                                                                                             
Holmfirthgirl's Profile
Holmfirthgirl

In: Larkfield

Hi Matt, I've just added Some 2016 BSB dates on Big smile

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I help Matt out with events, there weren't any new events waiting for me when I checked last night (early evening) but as there are clearly a few now I'll get on the case tonight :-)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

All events are live now, none left in mod queue Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Thanks everyone, please keep them coming. I have a super new feature I'll be launching this weekend and it heavily depends on us having active events (including photos added to events and also people tagging themselves).

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'll check through them tonight after work Catkins :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

all sorted and live Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

At 4am? .....Hope you were awake enough to make sense.... Hee hee!                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

thanks everyone so much! keep them coming, all much appreciated.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
68% Karma68% Karma 68% Karma68% Karma

May I just say that when someone submits events for the calendar would you please add as much info as possible, such as entry fees, entertainment, and whatever else is happening, but please don't copy the waffle of the organisers, E g. how many attended last year and what entertainment there was last year, those details aren't relevant. Cheers :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Definitely helps me :-)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8438 seconds. There are 791 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption