What Gigs Have You Been To?

24 Posts | Latest reply on 06/12/2017 20:22:04 by Lindsay | Go to original / last post
Roughrider02's Profile
Roughrider02

In: Tarlton
43% Karma43% Karma 43% Karma43% Karma

Now it's been a while but the last concert i went to was to see the Eagles absolutely brilliant :)                                                                                                                                                                              
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Where should I start? The Strawbs, The Edgar Broughton Band, Focus, Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd, Henry Cow, Captain Beefheart, Rory Gallagher, George Melly and a bunch of classical gigs. That takes us up to 1975. :-)

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Over the years Ive seen Meatloaf, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, David Lee Roth, Foo Fighters, Hawkwind, Eagles, Rush, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Robert Plant, Halestorm, Heavens Basement, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth, Motorhead, Metallica, Black Stone Cherry, Stiff Little Fingers, Slipknot, Levellers, Pink, Alice Cooper, Walter Trout Band, Nickleback, U2, Corinne Bailey-Rae, Alterbridge, Slash, The Specials, Bad Manners (many of them several times!) to name but a few at venues all over the country.

I am a big fan of the live music scene, attending Download and Sonisphere as well as various smaller venues putting local bands on throughout the year.

Im planning on going to Hellfest (in France) next year, bring it on!!

I dread to think how much i have spent on gig tickets... I would probably be a fairly wealthy woman had i saved it all. Although i wouldnt have enjoyed myself very much ; )
Cataraptor's Profile
Cataraptor

In: Redditch

Most recently, Joanne Shaw Taylor at Bromsgrove last Monday - a real blues talent. I regularly go to local music pubs in Hemel Hempstead but that will change after tomorrow when Moonstone and I move to Redditch. We also do the Upton Blues Festival, have done a Planet Rockstock and I used to see Hawkwind when they came to Hemel.
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Sex Pistols, Sham 69, Buzzcocks, Stiff Little Fingers, Iggy Pop, Skunk Anansie, 999, Bad Manners, Beat, Blondie, Damned, Desmond Dekker, Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Iron Maiden, Jeff Beck & Jimmy Page & Eric Clapton (the first time all three played on stage together), Madness, Ruts, Selecter, Skids, Specials  & Tenpole Tudor. This lot hit the chartsPlus loads that are not seen has main stream.Ps. The worst gig was Pink Floyd.                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Where to start...The Who (in their prime), Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, the Byrds, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, John Mayall, Keef Hartley, Dweezil Zappa, Cliff Richard, Wings, Atomic Rooster, Black Sabbath, Fleetwood Mac, 10cc, Status Quo, Leonard Cohen, Scaffold, Deaf School, Bonzo Dogs, Lightning Seeds, Flock of Seagulls ... and that's just the ones off the top of my head. Never saw the Beatles or the Stones, though.

Confession time coming, I have even been to see a half-decent Abba cover band (with a BM member, too!) and enjoyed it. But I wouldn't make a habit of it!

I have seen more classical musicians than you can shake a stick at, but the three veterans that stick in the mind are Artur Rubinstein, Andres Segovia and Hans Hotter. 

Triple955's Profile
Triple955

In: Chorley

Upwards of 200 and 3 in the last fortnight-New Model Army,The Sisters of Mercy and the Dan Reed Network..

Got 3 in 3 days on the first weekend of December...Levellers,New Model Army and Mumford and sons..                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Fisherman's Blues. One my all time favourite song.
I love the Waterboys. Saw them acouple of years back at the Sage, Gateshead. Awesome gig and incredible accoustics in the Sage too.                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Just been looking at a local venue's listings ... I can feel the money draining from my account as I type!   it's gonna be a busy ticket booking weekend methinksThumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

Stranglers in March and James in May just booked....

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Been to loads of gigs if I like a band I will go several times as I'm sure most people do ;) Hawkwind 4 times, Roger Waters (Berlinྖ), Jethro Tull 3 times, AC/DC 2 times, Black Sabbath (with Ozzy), Motorhead 3 times, Status Quo 3 times, Bob Dylan, Carlos Santana, Rage Against The Machine (with Zack), Simple Minds, Roy Harper, Oasis, Radiohead, The Prodigy 3 times, Bruce Springsteen, Queen (with Freddie), Rainbow, Gary Numan, Sham69, Stiff Little Fingers, Rory Gallagher, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts, Ministry, and countless more I can't remember but the best gig was definitely Roger Waters The Wall in Berlin... fabulous!!! Hawkwind and Tull come pretty damn close though :) x 

Triple955's Profile
Triple955

Can anyone beat the number of times I've seen the Levellers?...Thirty nine and the fortieth next weekend....can't wait...                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I was at the Beasto Blanco gig in Bannermans last night . Falling Red were their special guests and met Alice Coopers daughter Calico  Big smile
Good fun for a mid week gig  Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

Levellers in Wolverhampton last night...excellent as usual. ..                                                                                                                                                                             
Triple955's Profile
Triple955

New model army Saturday. ...a bit dull and disappointing. ...mumford and sons tonight. ...awesome. ..will definitely recommend. ..I'd go to see them again. .                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

NMA !!  used to love them,  out next week myself my brov has just told me he has a ticket for def leappard and White snake at Cardiff next wed and I am coming !!!, not seen either so we will see ;-)                                                                                                                                                                             
jinx57's Profile
jinx57

In: Leonard Stanley
26% Karma26% Karma 26% Karma26% Karma

Last Friday,Cardiff Tramshed,the splendid Gov't Mule,great live band with random select setlist...strong Allman Brothers links,guest 2nd half was Bernie Marsden(Whitesnake,etc.) still a great player....recommended highly.. :)>
Next Up is Joanne Shaw Taylor,then Cadillac Three,Joe Bonamassa in March..and whatever i can catch locally,love live music..:)                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

LOL

Considering it's my job, I'll just start by saying the very first gig I went to was Ian Dury and The Blockheads in the late 70's. My dad and his mate took me along, it was Rhythm Stick and the other singles era. My gig cherry. Smile

Work stuff ranges from Judas Priest to Charlotte Church, Alabama 3 to Napalm Death, Robbie Williams to Puddle Of Mudd. And thousands more, over a 30 year period it adds up. Some were brilliant, some were awful, but every one was different. None of that "same shit different day" rubbish, it was more a case of "same shit different arsehole". LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

Unashamed let-your-hair-down fun with Roy Wood covering all his Move and Wizzard back catalogue on Saturday. He's doing quite a lomg tour - well worth hunting him down via Google.
Then a night of hard core punk on Sunday. At my age! And yes, I enjoyed it even if my ears were still ringing hours later.
Next up Robert Plant and then Deaf School, plus various local gigs.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Catkins, sometimes it's brilliant, other times not so brilliant. But we always have a laugh.

When you have a stage manager who isn't afraid to chin the likes of Nick Cave and Lars Ulrich, and a sound engineer who has a penchant for knocking mouthy egotistical Tour Managers out, it's never dull.

Wills, what punk bands were they?
Oh, and you're never too old to 'ave it large. Just ask Jinx ;-)

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8281 seconds. There are 304 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption