Carbon Footprint Calculation

13 Posts | Latest reply on 19/10/2007 22:45:55 by gs1150 | Go to original / last post
Blueboy955i's Profile
Blueboy955i

In: Darlington
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hiya peeps,   Here are a couple of links to sites that can assist in calculating carbon footprints both for business and for home.  They should give you some indication of how high/low your specific carbon footprint is and let you know if it needs reducing in any way.   This first link will give you some ball-park figures for businesses (those of you that want to look at this for work) http://www.puretr...spx   This link can be used more for home use. http://www.climat...=49 I hope you find them useful.   Blueboy955i (the Eco-Warrior lol)                                                                                                                                                                             
lcotgrave's Profile
lcotgrave

In: Birkenhead

Very very interesting, room for improvement with me im sorry, but i will improve my carbon footprint, thank you for this thread.                                                                                                                                                                             
darkcarnival's Profile
darkcarnival

In: Blackburn
34% Karma34% Karma 34% Karma34% Karma

I just did it, very interesting. I dont do too badly on the home/appliance front, but dreadful on the travel. Other downsizing the car and bike, I cant see any other way of changing things though. I dont go anywhere within walking distance Confused                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

In: Weymouth

who's got there heating goin instead of puttin a extra layer of clothin on?jus a thought, its what we did yrs ago,me bein a slaphead if i wear a benny i am instantly warm instead of blastin the heatin up,theres an advert runnin where a guy in jus a tshirt turns up his heatin cos he's cold!wrong message surely?an yu would save money!
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I think my carbon footprint is a size 8. Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

beat yu with a size 9                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

What heating?? I don't have any to heating to turn up.                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

not even a leccy fire?                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

When you said 'the heating' I assumed you meant central heating. Nope I don't have an electric fire, I have a gas fire in the living room and a wall-mounted heater in my bedroom.                                                                                                                                                                              
actionman's Profile
actionman

In: Torbay

2.89....dont know if this is good or bad though as it doesnt state the average?                                                                                                                                                                             
bluesbiker's Profile
bluesbiker

In: Birmingham in th

I'm quite happy burnin fossil fuels in my bike. It has got a cat so thats my bit done. As for global warmin i say bring it on.  wont be here in 50 years time and from what i've seen of the kids that will follow hangin about in the street and shootin each other. I say F@#k it let the planet burn. Cool                                                                                                                                                                             
tangoman60's Profile
tangoman60

yeah guess it dont matter none, once its gone who will care?were all doomed i tells ya doomed!!                                                                                                                                                                             
gs1150's Profile
gs1150

In: Crewe

7.03 tonnes My favourite bit is when u click on motorcycle:- Do you avoid excessive speed & harsh accleration & braking?   Yes  Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5635 seconds. There are 881 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption