Hayabusa front brake bleed

4 Posts | Latest reply on 13/10/2015 10:26:40 by rossoandy21 | Go to original / last post
davebusa1300r's Profile
davebusa1300r

In: Humshaugh hexham
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi have just fitted brand new nisen calipers to my 2004 busy. Have bled the lines loads of times and still the lever is not as firm as I would like.any advice would be appreciated cheers busadave                                                                                                                                                                             
mikedabike's Profile
mikedabike

In: wrexham

pull the lever back to the bar until it feels like you are giving it a good squeeze then put a cable tie etc around the lever and handle bar grip to hold the pressure on the lever and leave it like this over night, then cut the cable tie off and try the lever.
this sometimes forces the last bit of air out of the system.

davebusa1300r's Profile
davebusa1300r

In: Humshaugh hexham

Hi mike that worked a treat mate.i cannot believe the change in my brakes after a good bleed and some decent calipers.you would think that a bike which is capable of 200 mph should have brembos fitted the gen 2 bikes now have.anyway mike great tip                                                                                                                                                                             
rossoandy21's Profile
rossoandy21

In: ashford

I always use a vac bleeder.....takes minutes.                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2188 seconds. There are 689 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption