Lothian and Borders 1st/2nd Aug - beware

7 Posts | Latest reply on 30/07/2015 21:11:37 by madscots | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

just heard this :

The rozzers are carrying out a big exercise this weekend in the Lothians and Scottish Borders. They will be on motorbikes, cars and foot. ( the latter to buy doughnuts)

Primary objective is to catch speeding bikers. The will be conducting speed checks in Tweeddale areas using hand held radars plus camera vans.

Wouldn't surprise me if also on unmarked bikes. Used to be VFR's, don't know what they have now.

Just be aware folks.

dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Scottish Borders..... Total area ..... 1,800 square miles
. Total population 110, 000
You can see that a couple of motorcycles travelling a few mph above the limit would cause absolute carnage.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Oh, don't get me started....

Allegedly around £2,500,000 spent on 'motorbike safety' operations - i.e.catching and fining folk - yet no funding available for BikeSafe.....                                                                                                                                                                              
izzyhill's Profile
izzyhill

In: Hamilton
28% Karma28% Karma 28% Karma28% Karma

Thanks for the heads up, but we all ride legally Embarrassed                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sure, I believe you....thousands wouldn't though.... (I'd put a smiley here, but on my mobile and BM says 'error inserting object' ... fnarrr...)                                                                                                                                                                              
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

No worries, they soon get bored and clear off somewhere else.
Or perhaps we've got it all wrong and the police just want the place empty so they can have a hoon about undisturbed :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Well they are in for a wet weekend  Clap

Cheap policing and not surprising, not worth taking it out on the patrols as it's the morons in charge that haven't a clue.

Greater Glasgow Police force *cough* sorry i mean Police Scotland have gone Weej since they became one force. 

Strathclyde problems seems to be a blanket issue in Scotland.. what a joke

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.2500 seconds. There are 840 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption