Performance improvements

17 Posts | Latest reply on 11/03/2015 12:59:17 by Brummie Jackie | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Well i had to reword the subject of this topic so it wouldn't get flagged as adult by Google :-D

Anyhow, I'm making a LOT of changes to the basic structure of BM , the database queries that generate the site.   I need to know as soon as possible if you notice any problems or errors (only if the same error appears again after 1 minute).

I've just started with the Private Messaging system.  You should notice the conversations loading much faster now.

Next I'll be doing the forums                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Forum topics performance has been improved.  The page where you view the posts of a topic.  I've also included the distance under each member's photo (only shows if you're logged in and if you have a profile.  It's the direct distance between you and the other person)
Matt's Profile
Matt

PS: I also changed the number of posts per page from 12 to 20                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Matt, I am having issues with the threads, it shows today's date before I go into the thread and that I only see up to march 2014 !!!!! Not sure why that would happen                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

I'm not sure what you mean?                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

oh wait, i think there's an order problem with the posts  :-/                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

try now  :-D                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Nope, sorry Matt, still only getting threads up to 2014.                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Same here but upto the end of Jan                                                                                                                                                                              
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

PS, I like the distance under each member's photo, but can one be fixed to BJ and what way she is moving with an alert sent to our phones if she gets within 5 miles of us. LOL

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Oh you are a brave man Rags....a brave man indeed :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

In: Hinckley
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I have just looked at some of todays posts and same as others said the latest pages do not come up the posting dates are from last year.                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

me to just posted  new say hi 
not  showing up but 2014 are 

Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

most of my forums are only showing up to august last year,                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Think i've fixed it.  Really complex mistake, stupid of me though.

The problem was with those who have deleted their accounts or been blocked.  The missing data screwed up the post count                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

yay...Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

Rag you best check your profile later !!!                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7188 seconds. There are 1496 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption