Bank warning

10 Posts | Latest reply on 16/03/2015 11:30:39 by MjN | Go to original / last post
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

Just recived this from the Lloyds TSB bank Dont get caught out.

A small number of customers are receiving unsolicited phone calls from companies offering to repair or upgrade their computer. These callers turn out to be fraudsters who install software which allows them to take over the customers computer and have access to Internet Banking. HELP STOP THE FRAUDSTERS Don't allow someone who calls you unexpectedly to access or install software on your computerDon't disclose your Internet Banking password or memorable information to anyoneWe will never ask you to transfer your money to another account due to fraud or any other issueWe will never make an automated phone call asking you to approve a refund into your account For more information and a video example of a suspicious call, see our Online Security Help and Guidance.

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

I had one of those the other day. He rang Mrs AJ then me. Indian accent.   I just asked him if he thought I was stupid ?  He hung up. 
However I can recommend someone if your computer needs attention  AJ

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Please transfer all your life savings into my bank account.

I will then fix your computer, remotely, from my yacht moored off my private island somewhere in the Caribbean.                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

My mate, who is a network/IT manager had one of these calls. He explained in great detail and at length why his PC was not vulnerable, after about 20 minutes the scammer hung up!                                                                                                                                                                             
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Disable any "remote access" feature on your PC and do not download anything from anyone with a Nigerian accent. You have not won $10,000,000 from an over seas lottery and you are not related to an African prince who needs to move money through your bank account.
Install Norton Internet Security but get it from PC World when it's at half price.
Do not open emails from JP Harley, they are usually demands for pies or icecream                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I usual say I don't have a computer.
It's good approach for everything cold caller-ish to deny all terms and conditions.
If it's for utilities (gas, water, electricity) I say I live off-grid.
The most entertaining though is denying I have a telephone, you can almost taste the initial confusion LOL

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

I say I can't talk right now, and could they call me back later on a different number.
I then give them Steve's number...                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

That's took XK, I just give them your bank details :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
96% Karma96% Karma 96% Karma96% Karma

My son tells the claim solicitors that he was in an accident but he die from his injury's it take some a few mins to notice that there talking to a dead person

MjN's Profile
MjN

In: Basildon

I'm going to nick some of these replies for future reference.  Very funny!  :)                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5156 seconds. There are 1008 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption