New Update- Brand new events calendar!

62 Posts | Latest reply on 30/07/2015 18:01:23 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

It's impossible to make a full-year overview.  Do you know how much data that is to show on one page?  :-D  It's hard enough just squeezing one month on, I've had to trim down the event names on that.

Let me think about it                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
67% Karma67% Karma 67% Karma67% Karma

I've had a look and on Internet Explorer it's nice a easy for planning, but on Google Chrome I'm getting a box that says "Test" and when I click the ok box I get the calender box but it is blank.

Matt's Profile
Matt

that's weird.  A box saying TEST??   Sounds like something I'd slip in during development but i can't find it in my code now, all looks to be removed.
When do you get that? What do you click on?  I'm using Chrome and don't get it                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Issue fixed causing Matlock Madness not to show (and others. Basically the LAST event for each month was being skipped)                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ADDED:  Yearly Overview!  Just as you asked.  This is draft edition number 1, still working on it, but here's a preview:
http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/NewCalendar...erview.asp

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Thanks Matt Thumbs Up

Yowzers!  Just checked out the preview, that looks very, very busy but it does appear to work on my laptop, so all good. Big smile

My mobile is currently on charge so I will check that later.  I somehow think my phone won't cope with that amount of 'busy-ness' as it already goes into meltdown with some aspects of the site. LOL but we can but hope.

Matt's Profile
Matt

works fine on my phone, Samsung Galaxy S4.

It looks very busy indeed, but it's the only way I could get 365 days worth of data on one page. 

At least now we have the best of all worlds - you can search in detail, view a monthly overview, or an entire year overview.

And it's FAST!  And tells you the distance to each event (as long as it's within the UK)                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Excellent Boss Man thanks ...................... just a quick request ........can the weekends be a different colour lol pretty please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Having the ability to overview the month is a good addition Matt, now you can see what events are upcoming at a glance without having to trawl through from the top.                                                                                                                                                                              
Matt's Profile
Matt

Added: Yearly overview calendar  AND it is mobile-friendly.  That's 365 days of events all on one page for you to view anywhere anytime.  :-D

Jackie the weekends should be in a different colour already, but it's not much different. I'll make it stand out some more                                                                                                                                                                             
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
11% Karma11% Karma 11% Karma11% Karma

Boss man you dun good on this                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Shhhhh don't let the negative pixies hear you  LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Birthdays added to the year overview                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm liking the new calendar format :-) Works well on my mobile too (HTC one)                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
95% Karma95% Karma 95% Karma95% Karma

The year format is great for planning events Matt just need to scroll across the page to see the whole year now dont f**k with it                                                                                                                                                                               
Matt's Profile
Matt

Lol well if you're happy everyone will be                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
58% Karma58% Karma 58% Karma58% Karma

I really like the new format, easy to use even for a computer numpty like me, but don't seem able to scroll back to previous months events to view photo's like we used to.  
  Tried to go back to April, it would'nt go ???                                                                                                                                                                                 
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

Yes I discovered that today as well Dave, would like to scroll back to view prior events again.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Well I didn't see the old one so I can't comment there. But I like this calander specially the miles part.                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

The year overview only shows the current month onwards (plus 12 months).

Previous months only visible through search. Photos also available there                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.8125 seconds. There are 551 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption