New Update- Brand new events calendar!

62 Posts | Latest reply on 30/07/2015 18:01:23 by Deleted User | Go to original / last post
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

outof quorisity what was wrong wirh the old one it worked                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

Thanks for adding the birthdays Matt (have PMd you re this though).                                                                                                                                                                               
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Not much better on the Laptop sorry but think the old one is better                                                                                                                                                                               
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I prefer this one - renders nicely on the PC, and much easier to see what's relevant to my area of the country Smile

Onwards and upwards Beer

Scorpio54's Profile
Scorpio54

In: Bodmin

Sorry Matt, I prefer the old layout. It gave you the "bigger picture" which is what most of us want when we are trying to plan our social engagements in advance and gave bikermatch the edge over other sites that have event schedules.

As you could scan events over a 3 month period, easily differentiating weekdays from weekends, one was able to get an overview of what was on offer, now by the time I'm looking at the end of March I can't remember what was going on at the beginning of the month let alone Jan or Feb.

If you had no clue as to when The Farmyard Rally was on, for example, you only had to use 4 clicks max to be able to scan the whole year now it's just a scroll fest.

From the event planning point of view there is no way we can quickly ascertain what weekends are still free to try and organise events on.

It is no longer a calendar, merely a month by month list of things that are happening and in my opinion is a severely retrograde step.

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I like it but it could do with an all/none tick box on the options to save me untucking all of them boxes.

It doesn't scroll the calendar if using opera mini browser, but that's due to the way opera mini works, it works fine on full opera provided the off road option isn't set.
Nowt you can do about that so I'm just saying this for information.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Hi Matt, another standard member has pmd me with their comments...

"Don't like it. Liked to see the whole calender over 3 months and not just the events - that way you could find a quiet time to plan something, or distinguish a one-day meet from a 2-week touring "
havfun's Profile
havfun

In: harrogate
13% Karma13% Karma 13% Karma13% Karma

Is it posible to run both versions so we can have a choice asto what works best for us                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Hi Matt, just a few more comments from standard members.  
Can't see who posted the event,
can't see three months at a time,
doesn't work well on phone. 
Not easy to get the info wanted.

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Hi Matt, had a chance to use events.

I have to say I preferred the old layout, you could see three months at once and it was easy to see what dates were free when arranging ride outs and events, especially when rally season kicked in. Not at all easy now.

That said i do like the map bit and the milage calculator

Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

I really like the map bit, clicking on it takes you to google maps too which is useful.                                                                                                                                                                              
bugsbunny's Profile
bugsbunny

In: Hinckley

Ok but you need to add a year plan page                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

Ok so how about this…. We run the new version, but I add a “Year Overview” button which opens up a new page and shows you literally the entire year in a nice, neat, cleaner view where you can easily spot the weekends, find holes in the agenda to plan your meetings, etc?

I’ll make it like the old calendar, but with 12 months side-by-side (each column being one month like before, but you will be able to scroll all the way to the right for the coming 12 months).

The old calendar had some serious security issues and HUGE performance problems (just opening the calendar had a massive hit on the server performance and took up to 10 seconds to open.  Get 1,000 people using the site a the same time and that server hit drags the whole site down).

Anyhow, I’m working on making an “overview” like the old calendar for you all, as that seems to be the number 1 issue right now. 

Forgot about the “Posted By” field also, I’ll add that tonight.

Carolerd350's Profile
Carolerd350

In: Brentwood
15% Karma15% Karma 15% Karma15% Karma

I'm usually all for change and improvement but I have to say I find the new events calendar difficult to use. It's not as easy to see at a glance what is coming up ??                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Like the Year Overview idea, that will help Beer

Glad the new calendar isn't creating the same performance issues - I noticed it was often slow to appear, didn't realise quite how bad it was!!
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Sounds like a plan??                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

Fixed: Layout problems with old internet browsers (possibly mobiles, too)
Added: Name of person who posted, date posted, web/email/phone links (if available)

year overview will take me a little longer to implement, sorry.  I need to throw away the old calendar completely and make something better                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

ADDED:  Simple "Overview" page for each month!  First draft so your feedback is welcome.  It shows you simply a calendar for the chosen month + all events on each day. If you're logged in it'll also tell you the distance between you and the event!   Weekends are highlighted in another colour to stand out.  Clicking on the event will take you to that specific event. You can also click on each date in the overview page which will take you back to the Search page filtered to that specific date.  You can also press the + icon to add a new event
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Hi Matt, just had a quick look at the new Overview.  It defo helps in planning the events over the year.  

However, I note that Matlock Mayhem is on the Events Page but does not appear on the Overview.  I havent looked at any other event but it might be worth checking that others arent missing too. 

Bikeabill's Profile
Bikeabill

In: Hull /Hessle
64% Karma64% Karma 64% Karma64% Karma

just go back, first time i'v seen the new calendar, it looks ok to me Mat but it would be handy if one of the calender pages could be a full years page to plan on and highlight events

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6250 seconds. There are 757 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption