Furniture needed

14 Posts | Latest reply on 19/01/2015 22:55:18 by PCGuru | Go to original / last post
PCGuru's Profile
PCGuru

In: Manchester
12% Karma12% Karma 12% Karma12% Karma

Hi folks,

Might as well get this out there so folks know. I'm after bedroom furniture of all types - beds, wardrobes, bedside tables etc. so if you're after disposing or selling anything of that ilk please give me a shout.

Also would like a sewing machine if anyone has one spare!

Many thanks,

PCG
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi PC.
Have you tried your local Freecycle group for this sort of stuff?  My local one is always giving away furniture and the like.

PCGuru's Profile
PCGuru

I have looked at a couple of Facebook freebie pages, but everything goes as soon as it's posted. I'm gonna go look in the local charity shops at the weekend & see what I can find.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I don't know about facebook freebies, but I use my local  freecycle group, much easier and I've found, friendlier too.

Give them a try.Big smile

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

https://groups.freecycle.org/group/CityofManchesterUKFreecycle/posts/all

https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ManchesterGreencycleUK/info

www.gumtree.com/freebies/manchester

www.recycleforgreatermanchester.com/re-use/online-exchanged                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

not sure what happened there but it missed a bit

you can also use Gumtree and Preloved, but you have to usually pay for stuff on there.

I have used freecycle myself and you do have to be quick.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Popped into a Heart Foundation shop, and it looks like they only take decent stuff. Also it looks like they receive gifts from furniture shops like new sofa's and dining tables and chairs?? Worth a try x                                                                                                                                                                             
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Do you have an 'Impact' - that's what its called up here..goes with the housing association some stuff not so good..but other stuff great!                                                                                                                                                                             
PCGuru's Profile
PCGuru

Don't recognise the name, Joey, but will have a scout around. There's a Heart Foundation shop not far away so will try to look in there at weekend.

I don't mind paying for decent stuff, if the price is right. I'm looking to rent the rooms out so don't really want to spend a fortune on brand new stuff right away. I know what state lodgers can leave it in!
Joey05's Profile
Joey05

In: Preston

Impact is just our local housing group so I think they all have different names..
Our local one is pretty good.
Good luck. :)                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
33% Karma33% Karma 33% Karma33% Karma

Hiya - The old folks home that my dad is in are having a refurb and dumping 29 wardrobes I think it is, in March.  The last one they had, they ended up smashing some up to get rid.
If you think this will be any good to you , let me know.  AJ 

rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Also get Friday's MEN, auction notifications are in usually                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Hi, I'm getting rid of a white IKEA ANEBODA wardrobe.  Just posted it on Freecycle but I think I'm prob too far away for you?!                                                                                                                                                                             
PCGuru's Profile
PCGuru

Yes, VFR, most interested there if I don't get anything before then.

Thanks for the offer DevaDeva, but yes, I think you're a bit too far away from me for me to accept. Offer appreciated though.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6406 seconds. There are 623 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption