A Blue Peter Moment.

17 Posts | Latest reply on 29/12/2014 15:28:08 by kaycat | Go to original / last post
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I was clearing out my box room/junk pile when I came accross my old tank bag. I was about throw it in the bin when I had a eureka moment. The pockets on the side were still in good order. I sliced them off with a sharp knife and trimmed the edges up to make it tidy and voila! two handy little pouches for keeping nick nacks in. If you are going away overnight and dont need to carry a lot of gear, they can be used as a toiletry bag for tooth paste, soap etc. Keeping charger cables and spare batteries for a camera and such. The possibilites are almost endless.
So, does anyone else have a recycling tip that gives second life to something that you would otherwise chuck away out of hand? Share them with the rest of us and lets all save a few pennies, after all, the more pennies we have in our pocket, the more beer tokens they turn into.                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
92% Karma92% Karma 92% Karma92% Karma

Great Idea.

Here is one
Kev you could get that old bike of yours and get it recycled in to a toilet roll holder.

Sorry I know the way out                                                                                                                                                                                
Double six's Profile
Double six

How big a toilet roll do you have then JP? It'd be a bloody big holder made from my bike.                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

you could make lots

Double six's Profile
Double six

oh I see, I thought you wanted just one holder made! If you are that stuck for a bogroll holder why not just wheel that great lump of a tractor of yours into the bathroom and slip the roll on the brake lever?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

Least it would be made of metal and not old pop bottles                                                                                                                                                                               
shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

Now boys play nicely :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

s'ok Shelly, JP is just being a giant goiter as usual! haha                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

We all know you love each other, c'mon guys get a room! **chuckles**                                                                                                                                                                             
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

I made a repair to my car exhaust out of a coke can and two jubilee clips once, held all round Scotland and back to Brum on my old MK1 Cortina.                                                                                                                                                                               
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

I recycled a perfectly reasonable CBF1000, 3 metres of 20mm box with a stick welder and made a sack barrow capable of carrying a woman's necessaries for one nights camping. Lol                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

To carry a womans needs for an over night camp ? That's just wishfull thinking and you know it Dustin                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Yeah you're right JP . I should have said . Minimum requirement. Lol
she had 4 pair of jeans for gawd's sake lol                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

Here's a great money saver.
The Ride recommended V2 cleaning sponge £8.00.
Is an identical sponge to the Poundland magic sponge £1.00 for two.
Cut them into 1 inch strips
use with a little water sprayer and a microfiber cloth , brill.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Even cheeper than a fancy visor wipe. Piece of old cloth and a budget can of furniture polish. Max out at under 30p for about a years supply or visor cleaning and water repellant.

Also can be used to clean and polish your bike.                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

The magic sponge removes baked on dead flies and dust in a couple of seconds
without scratching.
An old rag and mister sheen will not . But you will have very shiny dead flies to look at . Lol                                                                                                                                                                              
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

you cant beat shiny flies Wink                                                                                                                                                                             

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 671 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption