Ride around London and take in the sights

112 Posts | Latest reply on 09/08/2015 22:39:26 by bugsbunny | Go to original / last post
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Further to popular demand I thought I would organise another ride around London taking in the sights and atmosphere cough cough :-) Due to my love of coffee, it normally involved a number of pit stops. I know it is a long way ahead, bit I was thinking of August 2015. If you are interested please let me know of any places you would like to take in on the ride. Last time we had 13 bikes and although it wasn't easy keeping the pack together, we didn't do too bad. However it would be good if we had at least one other rider with some knowledge of London.
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

This is a ride i would be very interested in doing Dave, never ridden or driven in London before.
  The atmosphere bit sounds appealing as being a bus mechanic i don't feel my day has started until i have had my intake of diesel fumes.  The promise of frequent stops for liquid refreshment also floats my boat as well.

shelleygirl's Profile
shelleygirl

In: Stoke-on-Trent
6% Karma6% Karma 6% Karma6% Karma

I d love to do this have to see what dates you decide on :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

I don't have my rota for next year yet, but should have it before I break up for Christmas and I think I know London well enough to help you out.

JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Depending on dates would be interested sat be better then could come down fri eve book travel lodge for the weekend and come home sunday                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

What I did last year, was to get feed back from all interested and found a day that suited the majority. We can do that nearer the time.

It's good to get an early response from you guys a gal :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Whoops double post :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

sounds good to me. i missed last years so hopefully can make this one.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Dave if you want anther rider with experiance of riding London so there could be smaller groups or sweepers etc i will put my name down.

Plenty of experiance nearly 20 years as a London motorcycle and cycle courier. Dont always have to ride faster than the wind either ;-)
Owd Stokey's Profile
Owd Stokey

In: Peterborough

Sounds good to me David. I've driven through the city loads of times and occasionally ridden. I must say that it always seems to be a different animal on Sundays compared to any other day - much easier that is. Or is it just me?                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

In: Rugby

Me please, depending on dates x                                                                                                                                                                             
Jamesellery's Profile
Jamesellery

In: Newcastle

Count me in. I would love to do this as part of a trip down south.                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

It is really good to see the amount of interest and it looks like there are 4 riders with a knowledge of London. If things stay this way the numbers can be increased :-)

This is 8 months away but keep checking this forum for further updates.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

David as said before a Sunday might be best for thoese folks who Have never experianced the delights London traffic can throw at you...only down side is all the attractions are open on a Saturday and not a Sunday                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Stuie
We did it on a Sundsy last year and the traffic was quite bad in places.
Generally all attractions are open on Sundays. But if we want to cover a good selection of sights, it doesn't leave any really time to go in for a look. A lot of the attractions need a day to absorb.
So it is really about getting the feel of London and seeing places on route.
Nearer the time I will give a detailed route and hopefully save it on satnav for sharing with those who have one. Just in case we lose anyone.
AndySimmo's Profile
AndySimmo

In: Portslade, Brigh
50% Karma50% Karma 50% Karma50% Karma

Could well be up for this one depending on the date, enjoyed the last London trip.                                                                                                                                                                             
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

It's good to hear that Andy.                                                                                                                                                                             
stutts's Profile
stutts

In: hampshire

I will come,,,,,,,,, that's another trip up north for me                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

Nice to see you want to come northish Stutts. Thumbs Up  Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

no stutts this is not next week.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 881 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption