Helmet cleaning.

14 Posts | Latest reply on 10/11/2014 21:36:42 by rowanblossom | Go to original / last post
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

While out on the Tigger today I was puzzled about a particularly vile smell that seemed to be following me about. Eventually I figured out it was me helmet... Time to clean it methinks. Now it's a Shoei and the lining is not removable but I do remember someone saying you clean them in with a mild shampoo. The suggestion is to use the bath so you can submerge it and them use the shower to rinse before leaving it dry in the airing cup'd. Easy. Well as I was having a bath anyway I decided to take my lid in with me... No f***er told me about the number of dead flies that would come out of the vents though did they!!!!
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

OMG......lmao...                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

In: Rugby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

So you had road kill in the bath with you? Lol                                                                                                                                                                              
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Yeah, try using car upholstery cleaner.

A spray on foam . Then remove with a soft damp cloth .

In bath helmet cleaning can only be recommended for the errr,,, mid point helmet. Lol

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

steve  I'm afraid I just visualized your 'helmet cleaning' routine.  I'll have to think of something else now QUICK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

In: Cheshire

Agreed best think of other things! But did make me laugh. Glad I read it though and lesson noted. I am still not forgiven for washing the gortex trousers with the body armour in ( yes that was messy too) so can't afford any more laundry disasters. Washing not got the faint hearted it seems.
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

Daft sod lol

Soaking a crash helmet completely for some types will be extremely dangerous to it's structural integrity (inner shell not designed to deal with being wet and/or cleaning agents).

A foam cleaner as said by dustin is best way if your lid doesn't allow you to removed the interior.  That way you can target the padding and not the shell itself Thumbs Up

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

ENGLAND IM TRYING TO THINK OF ENGLAND, ENGLAND ,ENGLAND BATH HELMET STEVE CRAP CRAP CRAP MUST THINK ENGLANDENGLENGLANDENGLENDENGLADENGLANDENGLAND

M U S T ................ C O C E N T R A T E                                                                                                                                                                             
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

You will have to lie back first Stuie!                                                                                                                                                                             
madscots's Profile
madscots

In: Edinburgh
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

that's why he keeps falling of the bed Double six lol LOL

or is that not what you meant Cool

Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

I am not sure, it is something I heard a long time ago, something about lie back and think of England! 
Who knew it might be something to do with cleaning helmets! lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

I could be soooooo crude and mention extra meat rations for the missus .....but I will resist....cos I am sooooo not like that at all                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Uuurghhh time to bite my pillow                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

Snigger......and the yuck factor continues;-)                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4380 seconds. There are 897 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption