Roadside Recovery

25 Posts | Latest reply on 13/01/2015 21:21:44 by bugsbunny | Go to original / last post
Saltaire's Profile
Saltaire

In: Heysham, Morecam
3% Karma3% Karma 3% Karma3% Karma

Hi folks, grateful for any input on good UK bike roadside recovery companies. I'm with Britannia Rescue for the car but they don't do bikes. Would give me reassurance when venturing further afield to know I'd got access to roadside repair or, failing that, transportation back home should the need arise. Thanks Fi :-)
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm with the RAC. The one policey covers me in what ever im in up to 3.5 ton van. So it dosnt matter if i am in my van, on my bike or in someone elses car i get the full entitlment.

Been with them now for nearly 15 years and there the only recovery company not to let me down or leave me at the side of the road waiting for the next relay truck. Unlike the AA who hapily leave you on the side of the road.

The RAC also give bikers priority as they class us as vunrable road users. So far the longest they have ever taken to get to me is about 40 mins. Its normaly with in 20 at night or i im on the motorway.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Been with AA RAC and Greenflag at different times but ended up with the RAC for the last 18years as the cover and service is by far the best. As Stuie says it doesnt matter if you are driving or being driven its the preson that is covered and not the vehicle.
Saltaire's Profile
Saltaire

Thanks Guys - that's really helpful. Will check out a quote with them. Car cover runs out in February but may be worth the cost of dual running until then. Fi :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Saltaire's Profile
Saltaire

P.S. @ convert - you're from my neck of the woods - grew up in Cleveleys - I so miss living 'up north' boo boo, sob, sob                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

RAC   I have it through my additions bank account with Barclays.  They even fitted a clutch cable for me in the middle of nowhere in Yorkshire                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Another for the RAC here 
Had a few "recoveries"  seem to turn up faster than they predict which is nice.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Yea been caught out by there extra quick arrival before. They pitch up whilst i was blagging the use of a locals toilet. Expecting them to arrive in an hour and not 15 mins!                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

But did they bring Birthday cake for 66 ?                                                                                                                                                                              
Double six's Profile
Double six

In: South Kirkby
21% Karma21% Karma 21% Karma21% Karma

No they didn't, I am still waiting for it and my birthday is very quickly running out.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Ahem....I did have cake here earlier 66 Wink

Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Mmm, @D6 ... Very sorry ive just polished off my Red Velvet cake ... **hangs head in shame** although it was VERY tasty!                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

In: Rugby

RAC for me too                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Bloody heck linz thats half a cake gone!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

I shared it with Rosie, HONEST, she really liked it. Nearly asuch as me....

Anyway i still have a poorly back **oh woe is me!** lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

RAC used here too.
 Really good service, and whenever I receive my renewal, if I've not used the service that past year, I phone them up, talk nicely to them, and get a further reduction.

Poorly back!!!!...stop changing the subject!
lunty74's Profile
lunty74

In: LIVERPOOL

lol RAC comes free with my insurance :)                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

In: London

Keep an eye on rac renewal prices. I found they slowly crept up and up. Went with green flag this year coz they were half the price. When they creep up i will go back to rac.
Have yet to hear a good word about the AA and bikes though.                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Well i am hopeing the AA have improved, i have been left high and dry by them a few times. Worse is leaving me at a service station to fend for my self in the middle of the night in the middle of he winter becuase they sent out a small van and not a tyre specilist. never again.

RAC prices drop if you dont use them and rise again if you do. Get 5 free call outs a year. If you use those the fee goes up. Can combat that by offering to pay for another years premium early. Much much cheeper than calling out a private recovery which could wind up cost three or four hundred pounds.
SPESH's Profile
SPESH

In: Rugeley In The S
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

I have free aa cover with my bank account. Last time I used it was for a bike problem. They was there quickly and solved the issue without fuss. 
The time before that i told the operator that i'd need recovering (sprocket nut came off), and they sent a van with a folding trailer onboard. Excellent service I thought, but that was a few years ago mind                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6563 seconds. There are 577 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption