Squires Toy Run

66 Posts | Latest reply on 22/12/2014 18:51:54 by Vladamir | Go to original / last post
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

Cor! ooh that didnt work, it was supposed to be the poster... sorry Vlad, can you or someone equally clever resolve that one please?  **goes and sits in the corner with hands on head!**Wacko                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

In: sheffield
14% Karma14% Karma 14% Karma14% Karma

CAKE ALERT!

The school at masham will be selling cheap drinks and CAKE !!!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

CAKE!!!!!!

cake StarcakeStar cakeStar cakeStar cake  StarcakeStar cakeStarcake 

Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

And the ICE CREAM shop will be open seeling locally produced ICE CREAM                                                                                                                                                                              
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

Centurion and I won't be doing this Toy Run this year, but will most definitely be in Masham to greet you                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The icecreams will be on you, then!                                                                                                                                                                             
GT63's Profile
GT63

In: Catterick

You may have a small cone....no Flake!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

@Vlad, are we actually taking toys with us to Masham this year? (last year we dumped em at Squires n had a short run out to The Sun Inn at Norwood, which was a little disappointing). For me this run marks the start of the festive season so I am hoping to see loads of happy, excited, smiley kiddiwinks this year ... rather than an ill prepared pub with no children!
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

Last year we should have gone to York designer outlet but they pulled out the day before the run so the ride to the sun inn was a last minute thing.
The toys will be handed in at Squires and sent to the yorkshire childrens centre, they will invite the parents of the chosen children to the centre where they can choose appropiate presents for their children. The childrens centre will then wrap them and deliver them in time for christmas day.
We don't invite  the kids to the toy run because they don't know about the presents.
These kids would not normally receive any presents or very few on christmas day so it is a big surprise for them

Alice2's Profile
Alice2

In: York
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

There are sure to be kiddies on the way to wave to, Lindz !!!

Every pressie you leave at Squires will make a child's Xmas better xx                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

There will be the local kids from Masham there. We have got the local school and church involved and every child who turns up at Masham in fancy dress gets a pressie.                                                                                                                                                                              
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

Aaaaw, Vlad...that'll be lovely! Great organising :>                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Apologies, im obviously getting confused with the Egg Runs, where the streets have been lined with flag waving, smiley, cheering children. Its my age you know!

It will be a good run up to Masham and looks like there's going to be a party atmosphere going down.

@xk, dont even think of eating ALL the cake n icecream, dont forget there will be at least two PROFESSIONAL cake tasters there!
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

Just a thought, wouldn't mind doing this, thinking of booking the hotel up the road so I'm not having to leave home at a silly time in the morning, make a full weekend of it, anyone else had this in mind?                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

@Allison, try the b&bs in sherburn itself, not sure if any cheaper than Milford Lodge... Might be worth a try, also dont forget crimbo party time so most places will be booked up

I would say i have space at mine, but i think all beds are taken ...just waiting for confirmation.
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You can camp at Squires for free.                                                                                                                                                                             
allison_2011's Profile
allison_2011

In: northwich
31% Karma31% Karma 31% Karma31% Karma

I'm not a wuss or anything xk but I think mine would be the only tent there, squires camping field alone in the middle of the night, now that DOES scare me!! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Vladamir's Profile
Vladamir

Good to see so many BM members joining the toy run. This looking like the best one yet.                                                                                                                                                                               
Alice2's Profile
Alice2

I'll tag along..but will be in the car and most likely with my grandson. Looking forward to this new venue :>>                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Does anyone know whereabouts in Masham  we will be arriving at? Is it the market Square.....or a pub.......or something?

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 543 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption