Them and Us

33 Posts | Latest reply on 27/09/2006 13:40:39 by Matt | Go to original / last post
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Speeding Cop Escapes Ban   West Yorkshire copper Matthew Troake drove his Audi sports car at 105 mph, on the A65 Settle by-pass in North Yorkshire, and was fined £250 and given 6 penalty points.   A spokeswoman for road safety charity BRAKE said Troake should have been disqualified.   I say he should have been banned AND had his car crushed! It’s bad enough doing that speed on a motorway without doing it on an A road? I’m surprised the magistrate didn’t offer to swap Troake’s car for a gun then he could have attempted to kill more people   What do you think?                                                                                                                                                                                              
chilster's Profile
chilster

In: Glasgow
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Geez, your going abit ott there aint you?....so what you saying...we're all attempted murderers cos some of us like to flout the speed limit?   Whatever happend to...rules were made to be broken?   or are you just a tut tut and headshakin biker?                                                                                                                                                                              
joeblade's Profile
joeblade

In: swindon

105 for a audi sports car on a by pass isnt that fast really. if he was weaving through traffic i can understand the uproar but the storry hasnt mentioned that happening. how many times as bikers have we crossed the 100mph threshhold, quite often. aggree over a ton does usually result in a ban for usually about 3 months so he was lucky in getting away with 6 points and fine but this penalty is possible occaisionly. maybe he should of had a ban but what he did get probably would of been similar to what we would of got.
ninja's Profile
ninja

In: Haywards Heath

Jeez, maybe motorbikes aren't for you Kwak!                                                                                                                                                                             
Sexysmirnoff's Profile
Sexysmirnoff

In: Dudley

i agree with her actually sum bike riders as well as car drivers can tak the piss with speed ,sum bikes are built for speed yes but it shudent b done on rds full of other traffic or in pedestrian areas                                                                                                                                                                             
Moxey77's Profile
Moxey77

In: Stourport-on-Sev

Agreed also BP, why should the pigs get away with it when the likes of you and I wouldn't?
And you're also right saying speed shouldn't be done in built up areas, if people are going to speed it should be left to those nice A-roads or the race track.
Di's Profile
Di

In: Wellingborough

I got no probs with fast bikes, just please don't ask me to keep up!!! I have to shut me eyes if it's too fast!! Love to see them fly past me though, makes me smile. Hate the drivers (bike or car) that even though I'm at the speed limit insist on trying to drive into my boot, BOG OFF!! 
Oggy's Profile
Oggy

In: Ely. Cambs
48% Karma48% Karma 48% Karma48% Karma

if your a speeder in builtup area's then you deserve to lose your lisence but most A roads are out of town so your really only putting your self at risk i see where your coming from sweetheart if it was one of us we would lost our lisence & got a bigger fine                                                                                                                                                                             
ninja's Profile
ninja

Only dickheads speed in built up areas.  When there's not much about and you're on the open road, though...................that's what bikes are for, isn't it?Smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Matt's Profile
Matt

In: Veldhoven
100% Karma100% Karma 100% Karma100% Karma

he got what any of us would have got, no more and no less trust me.   The magistrate will decide the fine and points based on experience/history, whether conditions, traffic conditions, life being put at danger or not, etc.  If he has driven for 40 years without a single point on his licence or speeding fine, and he was driving on a bright sunny day, on an open road where he could see for miles ahead, with no other road users around.... then why should he be banned???                                                                                                                                                                             
joeblade's Profile
joeblade

In: swindon

exactly matt. people are mentioning built up areas, 30 limits and pedestrians. lets not forget this was on a by pass.                                                                                                                                                                             
Sandi's Profile
Sandi

In: Huddersfield, W
86% Karma86% Karma 86% Karma86% Karma

Quote Chilster: Geez,you going abit ott there aint you?....so what you saying...we're all attempted murderes cos some of us like to flout the speed limit?   Whatever happened to....rules are meant to be broken?   or are you just a tut tut and headshakin biker? ---------------------- No, the cop was going OTT. No I didn't say ALL.   Depends on the rules, if 'flouting' them is liable to cause harm or death to others then NO I don't think they are meant to be broken.    No, I'm not a tut tut headshakin biker.   If the law enforcers break the law then doesn't that leave us with anarchy?                                                                                                                                                                               
ninja's Profile
ninja

Your point was that he was doing 105 on an A road....shock horror.......yawn......and tring to kill people......which obviously he wasn't. Yes, he should receive the same punishment as everyone else, if he gets caught.  The Settle bypass isn't Settle town centre.
Di's Profile
Di

I think wot SK is getting at is the fact he should have known better!! Isn't he supposed to be above reproach given the wage he receives at the end of the month!!                                                                                                                                                                              
ninja's Profile
ninja

A bit unrealistic, they're human the same as us........well, so I've been told........                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

LOL ya reckon?..................................                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< is keeping out of this one lol LOL                                                                                                                                                                             
Di's Profile
Di

Oooh, talking of speed!! I'm glad to see that the Govenment (such as it is)................ have decided not to go ahead with speed controling gizmos on bikes. Well, for the time being at any rate. Clap                                                                                                                                                                             
RC's Profile
RC

In: Derbyshire

Wooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo lol                                                                                                                                                                             
stew8851's Profile
stew8851

In: Blyth northumber

corrupt coppers should be made an example of,same as anybody who lives by the law, we can't have one rule for them another for us. i dislike coppers anyway but if they do me for speeding and iam, well that's fair but for them to speed and get a lighter sentance is not on

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.7656 seconds. There are 440 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption