Do you remember your first big bike? or ride out on one?

7 Posts | Latest reply on 11/09/2014 17:37:16 by dustin666 | Go to original / last post
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Today I was sorting out some old photographs and came across a photo of my first big bike. I jumped from a 250 super-dream to a gpz1100 . Wow I felt Awesome, I was fully legal but felt like I was doing something naughty. Some people say that the biggest moments in your life are marriage , buying a house, your first baby ect. To me this was one of the big moments and I don't know if anybody else had that feeling. Gave me goose bumps seeing that old photo again.
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

My first ride out was with a group of really lovely people off here about two years ago.  Went to North Wales.   It was an absolutely amazing feeling.  

zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

yes i was 17 and i was riding two bikes a 1981 xv750 (not the cruiser) and a gsx400f they were ace Thumbs Up                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

You were riding a virago Debz ? (sniggers)                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

This is an interesting topic and cjninja should be congratulated for introducing it. The definition of a “Big Bike” is, however, nebulous.   Looking through the archives, in the 1950s a 600/650cc machine was regarded as a BB, although on rare occasions a 500 could be described as such.   By the mid-1970s the lower limit for a BB was 650cc; bikes between 350 and 550 were regarded as “middleweights”. BMW was the only major manufacturer producing a model in the awkward-to-describe 600cc category. (The Soviets, for reasons best known to themselves, advertised their 650cc Ural and Dnieper combos as “commuters”.)   More recently, I’ve seen a 900cc bike described as a “middleweight” and an 800 as a “commuter”. Of course, this varies from model to model; a 600cc sports bike, for example, wouldn’t be described as a “commuter”, but the Kawasaki ER-6 is frequently portrayed as one.   When I was a kid, I remember the Suzuki GT 380 looked huge, although I later learned it was indeed a big-sized bike for its capacity.                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

The only bike I've owned that could be described as "Big" was an ex-police BMW R80RT, which I picked up for £600 in 1990 - an incredible bargain even then.   I'll tell you what - I've been less comfortable in limousines. That fairing was amazing for a 1980s bike. I remember a ride in convoy in the dark from Wirral to Hull to the Cods'n'Sods Rally and it bucketed down all the way along the M62. Everyone else was cold and miserable - I didn't want the ride to end, because I was enjoying it so much.                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

1969. My sister's boyfriend took delivery of the first Triumph Trident in Cumberland.

At the time , quite an awesome machine. I was fourteen years old. . He wouldn't let me ride it but took me for a blast out to Siloth. Amazing power.

Checking the specs on the Triumph site reveals it had a massive, claimed 58 bhp.

Omg . I was on the back of a bleddy moped lol.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3120 seconds. There are 950 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption