ZR7S Side Stand Cut Out ?

8 Posts | Latest reply on 23/10/2014 00:24:51 by lunty74 | Go to original / last post
FireStorm-X's Profile
FireStorm-X

In: Wigan
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi All Thought I would ask on here as I seem to have found a intresting fault on my ZR7S, I have already showen it to one of the drivers at work who dose a lot of work on his own bikes. But he has not seen it before and dose not have any idear on what the problem is Fault - Side Stand Cut out, not working correctly... Symptoms - I can pull away in gear with Side stand down, But if I put the bike on its centre stand, put it in gear with the rear wheel turning and then put the side stand down the engine cuts out ? The biggest problem is there is no switch on the centre stand that I can find, so seems strange that it works with the centre stand down, but dose not work with just the side stand ? Any Idears on what the problem could be ?                                                                                                                                                                             
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Probley a lose wire that gets pulled or moved by the center stand then makes a good contact and kills the motor.

FireStorm-X's Profile
FireStorm-X

Checked for lose wire by removing switch from frame and testing it by hand while the centre stand was down. worked everytime, hower much I moved it and no wires near the centre stand :(                                                                                                                                                                              
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

bypass the switch problem solved lol                                                                                                                                                                               
FireStorm-X's Profile
FireStorm-X

Bike will still ride, just have to make sure side stand is up ;) so no need to bypass the switch :)                                                                                                                                                                             
FireStorm-X's Profile
FireStorm-X

Ok Dont know how but everything is working correctly again ? will have to keep a eye on it to make sure it dose not happen again lol                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Hi Firestorm -X, I had a similar problem with my old ZR7. Couldn't work out why it happened. Bypassed the switch in the end. A new switch wouldn't be very expensive to try out. Fingers crossed that it's sorted.  Good luck                                                                                                                                                                             
lunty74's Profile
lunty74

In: LIVERPOOL

u can bypass the switch or use a (brake light switch from lever) had a spare one  it should be 2 wires just splice them together happened on my gpz 500 also watch out for the clutch switch gets stuck and wires get rusty and snap use wd40 on it :)
....... Kawasaki went cheap ass on ,switches ,petrol caps , ignition barrels there mostly all universal on Kawasaki so try alternative models gpz600 gpz 500 er500 for cheap used parts

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.3906 seconds. There are 1484 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption