kawasaki 650f

16 Posts | Latest reply on 04/11/2014 19:28:44 by TAB007 | Go to original / last post
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

In: Rugby
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

I'm going to view a 07 plate Kawasaki 650f this week, it's 15k on the clock, what should I look for please?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

With 15k, Tyres might be an issue as they may need to be replaced.                                                                                                                                                                             
Steve_H's Profile
Steve_H

In: Teesdale
57% Karma57% Karma 57% Karma57% Karma

Tyres, chain, service history, MOT's for a miles check and general condition.
At that low milage over 7 years it may have been stood for a long while unused so the battery might be on it's way out.
In which case expect the seller to have charged it so don't show till after you get home! But batteries are cheepish :-)
JP's Profile
JP

In: Birmingham
93% Karma93% Karma 93% Karma93% Karma

Best is get a local member to go with you who knows bikes and can test ride it for you                                                                                                                                                                               
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Thanks guys, I took big Ray with me and I've bought it. Only one owner from New, full service history, mot and tax til March 15, he's put hugger, stainless steel pipes, heated grips, taller screen, LED lights, and something else but I can't remember?? Tyres are good, no chips in wheels, serviced at 15k in March, the owner seems genuine, my age, ex fireman, athletic coach and has 2 other bikes! Ray said it was mint with about £1000 extras with it, so bought it. It's not much different in colour, heights or layout to my 125. Just need to pass test to ride it! I just hope I haven't wasted my money
Karey's Profile
Karey

In: Barnsley

Wow!  nice one Tracy!   It's a lovely bike!

You just need to get that test passed now.. hope you can get a cancellation soon Thumbs Up

TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Me too Kaz x                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

Nice one Tab. Just go for it on the test, you must have it down to a fine art by now. All the best fingers crossed.                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Thanks Stuie                                                                                                                                                                              
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

I have now got the bike in my possession and have been able to insure it to ride with an instructor under L plates. Who is an instructor on here that I can bribe to take me out on it please?                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Looks/sounds like you've got yourself a really nice bike. I have no knowledge of ER's but they get  good reviews, plus its a Kwak which makes you a real biker!! Good luck with your test.                                                                                                                                                                              
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Thanks all x                                                                                                                                                                              
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Well my lovely bike is now a bit battered, I feel sad :-(                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

But it's gone to the garage to get fixed :-)                                                                                                                                                                             
Emzed's Profile
Emzed

In: Pickering
20% Karma20% Karma 20% Karma20% Karma

I hope it returns in good order Tab Thumbs Up

You've worked so hard to pass your tests in order to ride it Approve

As JP & others have said, chalk it up to experience Wink

Good luck and good riding when it comes home Cool

TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Thanks Emzed x                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5000 seconds. There are 368 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption