Yamaha new head bearings

10 Posts | Latest reply on 20/08/2014 19:39:42 by Jackyan | Go to original / last post
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

In: Cheshire
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Hi please can anyone advise on fitting new head bearings for a yamaha diversion 900! I am sure I can do it -/- joking Derek will be in charge !!                                                                                                                                                                             
Wills's Profile
Wills

In: New Brighton
73% Karma73% Karma 73% Karma73% Karma

The Divvies have got the reputation of being fairly easy and straightforward bikes to work on, but I only had a 600 and not the 900. There's quite a good online owners group at http://diversionclub.proboards.com/ which is free to join.
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

Thanks Wills I'll pass that all on .                                                                                                                                                                              
Eiron's Profile
Eiron

In: Hastings

Head bearings are easy enough if you have the right tools and some way of supporting the bike while the front end is off. The worst bit is getting the bottom bearing race off the steering stem, usually involving a Dremel and cold chisel to crack it.

xj's Profile
xj

In: London

I have a yamaha service manual for the 900 diversion in pdf. Let me check the file size but i should be able to email it as an attatchment. It will tell you everything.
And yes they are a peice of cake to work on.                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

i have the service manual as used by yamaha technicians, the owners manual and the set of micro fiche for the bike. all in 119mb.
if you have an email account capable of receiving that size (or open a google email coz that will) let me know the address and i will send it to you
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

Surprised you have'nt asked for Jelly Babies in return for this information Mark,   you're slipping pal !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
xj's Profile
xj

The extortion comes later. I need to hook them first, get them interested then go in with the demands.                                                                                                                                                                             
DAVE VM's Profile
DAVE VM

In: Bexhill On Sea
59% Karma59% Karma 59% Karma59% Karma

You had me worried there Mark.                                                                                                                                                                             
Jackyan's Profile
Jackyan

Hi all thanks sorry for tardy response - I'm not sure I can receive all that on my mail account!! However I will be ready with the jelly beans when I see you of I might get to make a cake .                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.4209 seconds. There are 954 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption