Tenuous connections to someone famous

27 Posts | Latest reply on 19/08/2014 23:36:57 by Wills | Go to original / last post
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

In: Sutton Coldfield
32% Karma32% Karma 32% Karma32% Karma

This is something we did at work, compiled quite a large list.

I stood by Noel Edmunds at a radio 1 road show at Mallory park in the 70's.

Met Johnny vegas in florida.

Walked into Gareth Southgate in sutton  as he came round a corner.

Met Adrian Chiles in a Curry house in Ealing.

Chatted with Ashley Blake about bikes when he used to own a pub in Sutton.

well theres a couple anyway                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

used to work behind a bar where the United plays drank and some of the corrie stars so used to serve them their drinks.

Eric Cantona, Roy Keene, Ryan Giggs                                                                                                                                                                             
kaycat's Profile
kaycat

In: radcliffe Manche
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

been on telly 
and meet princes anne                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA

appeared on the Radio1 roadshow from the Royal show with Simon Bates and Smiley Miley, won a goodie bag!                                                                                                                                                                             
justjude's Profile
justjude

In: Belper
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

Used to work on a private jet and looked after some famous folks - Maria Carey, Paul McCartney, Gordon Brown, Queen of Morocco, Saudi Royal Family, Hazel O'Connor to name a few....bin on telly and on radio as the BBCs' aviation travel consultant - but still not rich !!! Shocked                                                                                                                                                                              
VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Blimey !!!!!!!!!!   Get YOU Jude !!!                                                                                                                                                                             
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
53% Karma53% Karma 53% Karma53% Karma

Nowt as exciting as Jude!

Literally bumped into Marc Almond (Soft Cell vocals) in Leeds City Centre... and called him a bleeping bleep before looking up n noticing who it was!

Got left on top of a stack by Biff from Saxon at Queens Hall, Bradford after a gig...

Partied with James Whitham at a couple of his 'hanger parties'.. great bloke.

Oh yeah met one of the BeeGees (he was worse for wear) n Esther Rantzen at an awards ceremony for young people, a works thing.

CharlieW's Profile
CharlieW

In: Colwyn Bay

First post in the forums. 

Been on telly a few times, the news, in the background and appeared next to Sean Bean in a BBC drama last year.                                                                                                                                                                              
davidneale's Profile
davidneale

In: London

I was part of a guard of honour for the late Queen mother. Our local scout troop lined the path into the new community hall she was opening. I felt a bit nervous as a 11 year old. Nearly lost my woggle half an hour before the parade.

Also met the Duke of Edinburgh on a D of E award scheme. Aged 15.

Did some plumbing work for Ben Fogle. Put in a new double ended bath in his new matrimonial home, plus a load of other things he wanted changing. He asked us to get rid of the old bath, taps and shower screen, they were brand new and unused. They are now in my daughters house. She boasts that Ben Fogle's bum has been in her bath lol.

Oh yes, I was working at the Royalty theatre in London back in 1985, checking out the air con, or lack of. The theatre manager suggested the best time to check things properly was when the place was full of people. So we were invited to This is Your Life with Chas and Dave. We had to come smart casual to blend in a bit. We just check the equipment and took temperature around the theatre while the show was on. Then we were told we could go the the party afterwards. So we got to meet quite a few stars face to face over a pint or three. I can't remember all who were there, due to a little over intoxication Wacko, but it was a good night.

We still do plumbing work for Garry Stringer out of the Reef band. He is the most down to earth bloke you could wish to meet.

I met Micky Jones a few times. The Man Band did some smaller London gigs in the 80's. Sadly Micky is longer with us.                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
90% Karma90% Karma 90% Karma90% Karma

I dated the lead singer from Stray Cats for all of about 2 weeks :)   I have been on Songs of Praise   I sat next to Bernie Flint on the tube in London   I went to the press day at the bike show in Brum couple of years ago and ended up chatting to Bradley Smith, asking Randy De Punets bouncer to ask him whether he would have sex with me and i tried on Jorge's crash helmet, the one with all the crystals in the shape of the number 1 ..........                                                                                                                                                                             
Ragnar's Profile
Ragnar

In: London
65% Karma65% Karma 65% Karma65% Karma

Loads when I was dispatching I delivered stuff to Sting, Kylie Minogue, Lynsey De Paul, David Frost to name a few.
Sat in a pub in the Kings Road in London having a beer and taking the micky out of Tony Adams & Steve Bould when they was Arsenal & England defenders.
But the best bit for me was when I was 10, was to have a kick about with Chelsea legends Peter Bonetti and Peter Osgood in the Kings Road again when they was opening up a new Esso petrol garage and after sneaking around the back of the armed guards I got to stroke the Tiger they had on a lead.

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

Sat in a café some years ago and had a short natter with Paul Merson, this was at Kingsbury water park,  and Villa train just up the road at Bodymoor Heath.

VFR800AJ's Profile
VFR800AJ

BJ on 'songs of Praise'    What a little angel................and she hasn't changed !!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                             
dustin666's Profile
dustin666

In: carlisle
17% Karma17% Karma 17% Karma17% Karma

Me and a few mates appeared on a 1980 BBC2 program about the Sidmouth folk festival.

As the cameravan drove along the seafront, the narrator said

''Of course, not everyone is here for the music''

The camera panned over to a bunch of drunken bikers who had set alight to the seafront deckchairs and were partying bigstyle.

Happy days.

P.s. mi mates brother played football for Ipswich town and has several England caps

AND mi cousin's boy has just signed for Queen of the South.

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

was interviewed by some Sky news reporter in the first Gulf, meet Kate Aidie, Met Billy Connolly in Edinburgh, gave directions to David Bellamywhen he was lost in the North of Scotland. Spoke to two of the Prime Ministers... and told a Cornonation Street Actress to get the beers in when she tried scrounging a drink for me... Seen a few things done by some famous people from all walks of public life over the years...some not to be repeated lol
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Got talking to a familiar looking lady at the Loch Fyne cafe in Scotland... Thought she was a friend of my mothers... Turns out she was in Take the high road and married to Kevin Mcnally (pirates of the carribean) so got talking to him too over coffee. Also had a starring role in Helicopter Heros.... Oh and my mother used to go out with John Craven ... 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

I'm good friends with Robert Plant's cousin.                                                                                                                                                                             
jaybuzz's Profile
jaybuzz

In: Christchurch Han
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Played in a support band for the Moody Blues at Birmingham locarno before they got world famous.

RobC's Profile
RobC

In: Worksop

was shopping other night and spoke to Jiles Coke (footballer) but also met Ken Dodd ,joe pasqalli and David Blain at magic convention                                                                                                                                                                              
SlowGoose's Profile
SlowGoose

In: bolton
5% Karma5% Karma 5% Karma5% Karma

Stu Francis lives across the road from my dad, he's a really nice chap. Met Dana once and she's lovely, also met Julian Clary and he's a miserable bastard so is Phil Cool. Ken Dodd is a legend and very nice. Blowers (cricket commentator) is an absolute gent. Did a show for Peter Kay (live at Bolton Albert Halls) what a c**t. Craig Charles is an OK dude, he was very nervous about doing a stand-up gig.

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.6875 seconds. There are 373 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption