49 Posts | Latest reply on 29/12/2014 19:34:39 by fudet | Go to original / last post
justjude's Profile
justjude

In: Belper
9% Karma9% Karma 9% Karma9% Karma

I like karma in real life ..... : )                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

In: Leeds
54% Karma54% Karma 54% Karma54% Karma

@justjude, karma in real life means so much more than, who you talk to, how many hours you spend in chat/online, nods, posting, pms etc... I agree on here, karma is nowt worth worrying about and is a defo candidate for room 101.

One upmanship is such a waste of time, effort n energy. Get out in the fresh air, enjoy life instead of sitting in four walls at ya lappy/computer constantly trawling the site in order to get ya karma level up!

Although i must admit there have been females on here who shall remain nameless who were less than happy when myself n a couple of other BM members reactived the 'show me on popular girls' option. They were gutted when they dropped down the top 20, complaining about it in chat! Oh how we laughed!!! It's a joke, not popularity stakes merely a guide to how much time you spend on here. Sorry folks but with a pinch of salt is how it should be taken.
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

And before i anyone else says it, yes i post alot but i aint on here all day everyday ... I do tend to have little burst of activity! Lol                                                                                                                                                                             
rowanblossom's Profile
rowanblossom

In: Manchester
18% Karma18% Karma 18% Karma18% Karma

I agree earn your karma in real life.

Up until last few weeks I would pm a welcome to as many newbies in north west and Wales, not because I had to, or boosting karma, I did so cos I wanted to, again the organising of events and rides out......because I wanted to, that simple. Yes I bob on each day if I can and will do the forums, but you know what, the karma percentage is not important at all. However, some like it and its a free country so each to their own.

Due to circumstances I haven't had chance to do the pming and nodding recently nor will I be able to do any ride outs or events for the foreseeable future (BJ don't forget to take me off staff), and therefore whatever my karma score is now, it will drop.....so what, you know what......there is more to life!
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

In: NA
0% Karma0% Karma 0% Karma0% Karma

Karma rating is a bit of fun !!! I don't think it's one up man ship at all, don't know why it winds so many others up !!, is it peoples perceptions  of others yet again !!!. It's a free world or so i'm lead to believe, each to there own !!

Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Sorted then !!                                                                                                                                                                             
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

In: Rugby

What is the point in it?                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

To be honest Tab !, I have no idea !!, to me its a bit of fun but other than that there is the option not to be in it if people don't like it !!..                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@ Taboo7
 - the following was posted on the 8th March 2013, by Matt, the site owner, when he was answering the same question re karma, in another karma thread.

Karma is made up of about 50 different variables. Such as starting news on the site, PMing new members to say hi, uploading photos from events, sharing photos on facebook etc etc etc.

each variable has a different "weight".  For example - posting one line in the chatroom will not offer the same "Weight" as starting a news topic in the forum.

Everyone's karma is a PERCENTAGE OF THE PERSON WITH THE HIGHEST KARMA!!  What does that mean? It means that if the person with the highest karma gets more or less karma for THEIR activities, it will affect YOUR Karma.  So if JohnSmith has 100% karma, that means he has more karma than anyone. Everyone else is a % of JohnSmith.  If John uploads loads of photos, sends thousands of PMs etc in one day - then EVERYONE ELSE will go down (unless they did equally the same activity).  Likewise if JohnSmith doesn't login for a few weeks, everyone's % will start to creep up until eventually JohnJones is on top and everyone becomes relative to JohnJones etc

Logging in 30 times per day is no better than once per day.  But, logging in every day DOES count.  The time (in days) since you last logged in is what is important.

And of course the formulas I'll never release or we will just get cheats. They also took months/years to develop and tweak to be as fair as possible.                                                                                                                                                                              
TAB007's Profile
TAB007

Thanks PB, the explanation of how it works is great but I'd like to know why it's there? Is there a reason for it? Why has it been written? What purpose does it serve?                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Karma ... A53K... Hmmm i still stick to my original (uneducated or not!) opinion ... life's karma is you reap what you sow and as far as am concerned to be supportive, caring and worried about other peoples inability to spot using, lying, creeps is far better than to be the said using, lying, creep!

Also for your information uneducated i am not. I do know that i would never use someones goodwill for my own ends.
zzrbabe42's Profile
zzrbabe42

In: furry tree rat h

i for one am not offended gbnp i think everything you have written is completly honest and truthful Big smile and for seconders im not bothered about karma ratings at all!!! in fact to me it is just a way of saying im on here more than others and i post etc more than others.i find it totally unessesary Big smile                                                                                                                                                                             
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

@Taboo7

In answer to your 'why' and 'What' questions ....I have no idea, sorry!

TAB007's Profile
TAB007

I suppose I should ask Matt?? Lol                                                                                                                                                                              
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

I have been on BM since 2009 and this question has been asked numerous times.   I personally dont give a flying lol   Does amuse me though how some folks can and do take it so seriously.                                                                                                                                                                                 
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

AHHH WELLL SOD KARMA WITCHCRAFT IS QUICKER I THINKS                                                                                                                                                                              
Lindsay's Profile
Lindsay

Im with you on that one Dixi !
; )                                                                                                                                                                             
teenybash's Profile
teenybash

In: Thetford
4% Karma4% Karma 4% Karma4% Karma

Dixi...do you know anyone that practices the art of witchcraft? If so send me a number                                                                                                                                                                              
Deleted Member's Profile
Deleted Member

Karma is bollocks!                                                                                                                                                                             
Brummie Jackie's Profile
Brummie Jackie

In: Hobbit HQ
87% Karma87% Karma 87% Karma87% Karma

the doctrine of inevitable consequence                                                                                                                                                                              

Remove these advertisements                  Advertise Here
Biker Match is a UK social, events and dating website by bikers, for bikers.  All British motorcyclists are welcome to join our large and exciting community free of charge in search of ride-outs, motorcycling events & rallies, biker dating & relationships, motorcycle help, motorcycle forums, biking news, racing news, motorcycle classifieds or just to get to know other UK bikers.  Create your profile and upload your photos now completely free.
Website copyright 2002-2024 www.bikermatch.co.uk.

Page generated in 0.5938 seconds. There are 327 users online now.

Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerGuardian       Site tested and approved by McAfee SiteAdvisor      Site PCI DSS security approved      Site tested and secured by Comodo HackerProof       Site secured and validated using highest 2048bit encryption